Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

paintmejudy 10-14-2012 06:39 AM

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are finally getting some relief from the heat, fir a while, down to 65 right now, and only into the 80s during the day. Been a looooooong hot summer here!

paintmejudy 10-14-2012 06:47 AM

SheriR - no, sorry, this really wouldn't work as scrappy, and you know how much I love scrappy.

KarenR - some brights would be fine with something else that has contrast as I explained about your A-B colors and C-D colors, and two more fabrics with contrast. And cutting starts on Saturday the 20th.

sustraley 10-14-2012 06:57 AM

Still deciding on what colors to use. Oh, I have to go to the fabric stores. Hope something jumps out at me. I am bringing Apple Pie Cider on the train. I will make two choices--one with a punch of alcohol and one with out. Delicious and will keep us warm.

purtercat92 10-14-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5582561)
How about this for lunch? http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...k-t202928.html. The recipe is from QuiltE. Just finished canning two big batches of salsa yesterday and lots of onions left. Might make some cheesy biscuits (ala Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits) to go with it. Nothing like a tummy warming lunch to prepare for the fabric selection. :thumbup:

Guess I am late for breakfast but this sounds good for lunch!!!

I have done your two other mystery quilts (although still finishing up #2) just haven't posted before, so looking forward to joing the caboose on this one!!!!

Now to go through my stash and see if I can find something I like that goes together. Darn, may just have to go shopping.... :)

purtercat92 10-14-2012 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5582584)
Lurking...lurking...lurking. But I lurked at the last one and kicked myself when I saw y'all's end quilts! I love that pattern. So..... RUNNING TO STASH... pieces to small ... Oh NO!! I'm gonna have to SHOP. Does this train hit any fun quilt stores??

I'm with you on that one, I have mostly smaller pieces. Lots of fabric, just nothing big enough. I will hit some quilt shops with you!

purtercat92 10-14-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 5584310)
I am off to check my stash. I have a lot of smaller cuts, so will really have to do some searching for these. Can't wait to get started. I made a Holiday Truffle with my Big Soft Ginger Cookies. Left some in the caboose for all of you.

Oooh, oooh, oooh, ginger cookies!! Now that I am in the caboose, will have to have some!!!!

sewNso 10-14-2012 09:35 AM

i'm aboard. wrote the material requirements down yest. then forgot about them. this daily update, reminded me to look for material. thx. i'm only sewing out of my stash so gotta go look. lunch break rite now.

Everose 10-14-2012 09:35 AM

Greetings! I had printed the first instructions and was downstairs looking in stash when the guests started arriving for the pot luck yesterday. Didn't they know that I had other things on my mind. But it went wonderful - lots of comfort food for our cooler weather here.

I raided the stash, and like many of you, lots of the fabric isn't big enough. BUT, I found a number of black/cream/gray and then F will be a darker red. Will get a photo as soon as choose an E ( I have 3 that are calling me right now).

Have apples on the tree to pick, so the Cream Cheese Apple Crisp Bars sound wonderful. Will make them and give take them to the church quilting this week. Oh a cup of warm apple cider sounds wonderful also. Well, off to kitchen to "raid" the refrigerator.

labeelady 10-14-2012 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay..I've gone through my stash looking for my meager collection of Christmas fabrics. I've been wanting to make a Christmas quilt, but couldn't decide on a pattern. I'm hoping this one will do. I've selected some Christmas and some solids that are the right colors for the season. Here's my lineup, A, B, C, D on the top, E & F on the bottom.

urgodschild2 10-14-2012 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I went through my small stash and I do not have anything large enough. I do have this peach and turquois but is it to big of a print.??????? I will have to wait until NOV to have the $$$$ to go and buy material for this. But then I will see everyone else's choices and I might borrow their ideas. LOL. Let me know about this material.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369668[/ATTACH]