Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

Anael 01-24-2012 12:47 AM

Brooke, it has been snowing on your schoolhouse :D Your blocks are great!

Urgodschild, I like the color combination. Are you doing the whole quilt in these colors?

Caroline S 01-24-2012 07:36 AM

I have all the pieces cut for blocks 1-9. 10-11 had to wait because I needed an iron for the freezer paper method. No sewing because we were without power for 5 days. I like the the color combinations everyone has chosen. I think mine will end up with different focus fabrics because I do not have enough of the second color. My fabrics are small scale prints instead of solids. But I am pulling from my stash from this quilt so it definitely be a sampler.

tutt 01-24-2012 08:47 AM

Please I need help with block 9! I'm losing the points on the small triangles in the upper left hand and lower right hand blocks. I've sewed, ripped, sewed, ripped and now I p#%*d. Am I sewing them right? I am sewing the two white triangles on to the 2 patch and then sewing the big triangle on.

brookemarie19 01-24-2012 09:05 AM

Did you trim the HST down? I didn't on mine and realized to late, thats why I lost my points.

Anael 01-24-2012 09:19 AM

I read about this in another thread Caroline. I'm glad the power is back!

tutt 01-24-2012 09:22 AM

Thanks Brooke! I did trim them down. I'm just learning to do more complicated blocks and argh! Wish my MamMaw was still around, can't seem to be channel her today :)

DoriDeS 01-24-2012 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok today was a great day to sew finished my second set of blocks :o) HAPPY DANCE!!!! Here is a picture not perfect but they are gunna work for me :o)

Caroline S 01-24-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by DoriDeS (Post 4906864)
Ok today was a great day to sew finished my second set of blocks :o) HAPPY DANCE!!!! Here is a picture not perfect but they are gunna work for me :o)

Whoo Hoo for you. I love the paisley house.

Anael 01-25-2012 12:48 AM

Great blocks Dori, I love the paisley fabric house :D
I still have to do # 9 but first I have to do some other things. Maybe this afternoon, I'll try.

victoriaplum 01-25-2012 08:02 AM

Hi all, message board newbie here! I've been undecided about starting this project for a little while (have got the patterns downloaded already) but I've just taken the plunge & ordered my red & white fabric, very excited now! But I have a small problem, I've printed out all the patterns but they seem a little small - the 1" sample lines are coming out shorter than that so if I directly trace the foundation pieces they will be off. I've looked at the tips on the JT2 site regarding printing & checked all my printer settings which seem to be right as per the advice on the site. I'm printing at 100% of the page with no page scaling & I'm using internet explorer. I've also saved the pdf's and printing directly from those they come out the same. Does anyone have any other tips I can try? They are just a smidgeon too small & I don't want all my blocks coming out squiffy!!!
thanks in advance!!!