Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   March 1 2011 "Houses" BOM Discussions and Directions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/march-1-2011-%22houses%22-bom-discussions-directions-t104013.html)

hobbykat1955 03-01-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
Might be easier if I could get all the pieces printed off, unfortunately, no matter how many settings I change, I can't get part of two, one on each page. And Incidentally, wouldn't you know, yesterday, I put a very small red barn at the very back on the left side of the grass area, hoping it would show it as being on the "back 40". So, where am I going to put this barn now???
That is assuming I can find a way to get those 3 missing pieces printed off.

Try this though I'm sure all computers and printers are diff but I did "print preview"...Then I adjusted to 100% not shrink to fit...Then on my screen right above the template on the top,bottom and sides I noticed arrows...If you move those it moves the margins...WA LA I got what I needed that was cut off. Hope this works on your end...

sustraley 03-01-2011 05:08 AM

Please share if you figure out how to get all pieces printed off correctly. I think this is the hardest part of paper piecing----getting the pattern printed correctly.

redvette54 03-01-2011 05:18 AM

Just printed it, everything went fine. I didn't need to make any adjustments.

Surfergirl 03-01-2011 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by redvette54

What's the secret? A lot of us have problems getting the correct 1" test sq.

redvette54 03-01-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl

What's the secret? A lot of us have problems getting the correct 1" test sq.

I think I just got lucky, this is what I did. I always go to print preview, to make sure everything fits. The settings were at 100%. I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't know what I did to get them to come out correctly. With the other BOM, some of the pages had to be printed on landscape, but this one didn't

candi 03-01-2011 06:22 AM

Awesome block :thumbup:

marymc 03-01-2011 06:29 AM

I got mine printed. I hope to be able to work on it this Sunday.
Not crazy about another PP but I can see that houses lend themselves to this method.

Laura F 03-01-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley
Please share if you figure out how to get all pieces printed off correctly. I think this is the hardest part of paper piecing----getting the pattern printed correctly.

It's funny how all printers are different. I ended up printing mine at 146% and for template B I used 147%. After I got A correct, I printed out another before I closed the window. :-) Hope this helps. Can't wait to see pictures.

MommaDorian 03-01-2011 07:01 AM

I didn't have to make any adjustments either. I definitely have with other patterns though. Not sure why not this time.

faithsmamaw 03-01-2011 07:34 AM

i have google chrome and internet explorer both on my computer i have found if i use internet explorer it prints out right with goggle i have to ajust settings to get the right size