Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

paintmejudy 02-23-2014 10:37 AM

Everybody is really just going gang busters to get their tops together! Everything looks great.

Now, Sunlite, do you really think I would give you something you couldn't handle? Take a big breath in, listen to Emma, and breathe out slowly. All will be fine. :o

reeskylr 02-23-2014 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, everyone's topper just looks gorgeous. I've been drooling. lol

Anyway, here is mine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]463978[/ATTACH]

AngeliaNR 02-23-2014 11:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I've put two together (I'm thinking of taking a detour with the third one.).

sdeaaz 02-23-2014 11:52 AM

Jaba... I want your stash.... lovely topper.....

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6590512)
Got mine done today too so will show a pic to all of you. One little pattern and everyone's looks so different, amazing what fabric can do isn't it??[ATTACH=CONFIG]463859[/ATTACH]Sorry about all the stuff in the background, my design wall is full with "Storm at Sea" blocks so using the little portable one.

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2014 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6591601)
Everybody is really just going gang busters to get their tops together! Everything looks great.

Now, Sunlite, do you really think I would give you something you couldn't handle? Take a big breath in, listen to Emma, and breathe out slowly. All will be fine. :o

OK, wwhheeeeeewwww

Cindy60545 02-23-2014 01:05 PM

Boy, everybody's tops are looking fantastic! Dotty, I really like that batik one the best, as that's what I'm making too. I'm not done with mine yet to show ya'll. I ran out of room on my design wall because a WIP took up so much room. So, in order to get this topper on, I've been sewing on the other one! Now it's 1/2 sewn together & moves over just enough to get this one on there too. But, never fear, I'll post a pic before Friday! I also made my longer, so it's taking a little longer to finish also. See ya'll soon!!

Emma S 02-23-2014 01:46 PM

Am I the only one that has found out that if you twist the blocks a certain way the sashing matches up? This was discovered while in pursuit of the ever elusive goal of keeping the same color from touching. I am calling it an innovative design element and leaving it the way it is, since my triangles (set-ins) and sashing are the same color it will hardly show. My story and I'm sticking to it.

Wavewatcher 02-23-2014 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The problem with finishing by Sunday is that Friday is sooooooo far away. Anyway, here is a picture of mine. It isn't truly scrappy but in person it feels like a rainbow. Not that we've seen rainbows lately! My hills and canyon should be green green but they are the color of wheat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]464069[/ATTACH]

AngeliaNR 02-23-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6591909)
Am I the only one that has found out that if you twist the blocks a certain way the sashing matches up? This was discovered while in pursuit of the ever elusive goal of keeping the same color from touching. I am calling it an innovative design element and leaving it the way it is, since my triangles (set-ins) and sashing are the same color it will hardly show. My story and I'm sticking to it.

I made one block backwards, and it wanted to match up like that.

Anoka Quilter 02-23-2014 02:32 PM

Wavewatcher, I love your arrangement of color. I love everyone's toppers.