Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

luci4 06-24-2012 10:49 AM

I like choice B. Your colors are wonderful.

Everose 06-24-2012 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I finished a dark one. This is "Snowman's Christmas Star. Not sure I like the sashing fabric but this is what I selected and couldn't find something else that I liked. Might have to be a "gift" to someone.[ATTACH=CONFIG]344382[/ATTACH]

Jenniky 06-24-2012 11:50 AM

Everose that is really super gorgeous. Very Christmas-ee. I can see a red, green or blue border.. It looks really sharp. Will be beautiful display for Christmas. :) :) :) :) :thumbup:

Jenniky 06-24-2012 12:14 PM

Here is my quilt. Ended up using 27 and 1/8 to replace piano keys. Im looking forward to FMQ ing a design on those stretches of fabric. Now Im working on how I am going to expand it to a twin size quilt. I will share it again after it is all complete with quilting. :) Thanks again Judy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344385[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 06-24-2012 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got it to load. Hoo Ray. I put a flange using the color that was extra in the piano keys and added it to the sashing.
I am happy with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344412[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 06-24-2012 01:16 PM

Now I have time to go back and look at what everyone has done so far.
Judy....your quilts are so lovely......ty for this mystery....it was a lot of fun
PolkaDiva......Love the re/orange with brown sashing
Cindy ......How vibrant your's looks
Jan Tx.........I like how your star really stands out
JudyVA I like B....Beautiful colors
haylillan...I like the light background....it really sets off the star
Coopah - I like the colors you have. can't wait to see it finished.
Everose --- Love the snowmen and you can always gift it to me (smile)

marytoddliz 06-24-2012 01:24 PM

I agree, I sometimes limit my own talents but am so glad that when I take it apart Step by step it usually is not to tough and if feels so good to get a complicated project finished!

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5312183)
Funny - if I had seen this I would not have attempted it - too many points, not the easy pedal-to-the-metal patterns that I usually do. But since I didn't KNOW it was too hard - it wasn't hard at all! Thanks Judy!

Jenniky 06-24-2012 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my quilt. Ended up using 27 and 1/8 to replace piano keys. Im looking forward to FMQ ing a design on those stretches of fabric. Now Im working on how I am going to expand it to a twin size quilt. I will share it again after it is all complete with quilting.
:)
Thanks again Judy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344426[/ATTACH]

Everose 06-24-2012 02:39 PM

Jen it turned out great. Will make a great center for a twin.

I can't believe, we all started with same pattern (thank you Judy) but they all look so different. I'm glad - would be terrible if we all created the same things.

Sunliten and Slug can't wait to see yours or did I miss them?

Cindy60545 06-24-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everose, you can gift it to me! Now I really MUST do a red, white blue one!

Urgodchild, that turned out just terrific!

Jenniky, I would pick colors out of that print & continue with adding borders or add triangles to top & bottom, then another border. See mine that I did for a feather lesson on my longarm