Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

dabbler312 06-04-2012 05:59 AM

Jenni - I cut D for my step three as in the beginning is was stated that E would be sashing; hope this helps you.

paintmejudy 06-04-2012 06:24 AM

Again I apologize for the error in the June 2nd posting -- D is being used in this step. E is the sashing that will be used at a later date. Dabbler is correct.

Everose 06-04-2012 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339835[/ATTACH]Boy, I'm behind compared to some of you. But with DD home for a day, cleaning, and gardening I had to many other things going on.

Of course, I spent some time in the club car. Blueberry pancakes for breakfast and now catfish. I'm in hog heaven. Sheri are you here??????

Only a couple days before I pack for CA. It will be great to get away. Wonder how many fabric stores I can find?

Take care.

SunlitenSmiles 06-04-2012 06:51 AM

Everose if you are going to Southern California check out the website for the quilt run as it has driving directions and info about many shops......handy even if not on the run dates
www.quiltersrun.com

in central coast try the
www.quiltshopsofthecentralcoast.com
this one is over but the information is good for the coast from Ventura to Montery/Big Sur

that covers the thousand miles (as the crow flies ) I have experience with, the other half of California probably has similar web pages. Shops on the lists for 2012 are most likely to still be in business.

yayaquilts 06-04-2012 08:17 AM

Judy, hope you are feeling better really soon. I, too, am under the weather, which is no fun and as much as I have been wanting to sew, I just haven't been able to do any. Boo.

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5264265)
Im confused am I cutting D or E for step 3 ??

Ok, I am confused too. Sorry my brain is fuzzy, too, and my tummy is a little crampy....still recovering from my ovarian cyst removal (removal of ovaries and tubes, too) from last Tuesday. Felt really good Sat and Sun-did a lot of standing and walking around for my DGD's 1st birthday party, and now I'm suffering a little setback...:( (biopsy came back benign-no cancer or precancerous cells, YEA!!!:thumbup:)

Need clarification: In the step 3 directions it says: "using the 2 1/2" squares, sew together a background C and a sashing D." So we are NOT using any fabric E in this step, correct? (I'm confused by the "sashing D" wording, since I've read the sashing is fabric E!)

Can't believe how so many of you are all caught up on this mystery train. Love all the fabric combos I've seen. Although I would love to socialize in the club car, and enjoy all the goodies, I've been stuck in my cabin, resting so I can get back to my sewing!!!! Soon.....

Vanogay 06-04-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5262240)
I love seeing how everyone's blocks are coming together. It will be 2 weeks before I have a chance to look at mine. At least I got it started with the hst. I'm all packed. Maybe just a little last minute tweaking with my carryon bags. Then some breakfast and I'm off to the Emerald Isle. I'm hoping for a nice nap on the plane. A person can always hope!

While you are there at the show - look for the welcome hands. I got my guild to make some of those welcome hands and we shipped them off. Pictures of the panel would be just absolutely wonderful if you could.

Sadiemae 06-04-2012 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5264668)

Need clarification: In the step 3 directions it says: "using the 2 1/2" squares, sew together a background C and a sashing D." So we are NOT using any fabric E in this step, correct? (I'm confused by the "sashing D" wording, since I've read the sashing is fabric E!)

We are NOT using Sashing fabric E yet, it was just a booboo:) in the wording. You ARE using your D fabric.

Cindy60545 06-04-2012 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, this weeks clue is done! Getting verrrrrry interesting! Don't care for catfish, but I guess I could roust up some tuna casserole.

yayaquilts 06-04-2012 08:33 AM

Thanks, sadiemae!

Cindy60545-beautiful-love batiks!!

Sadiemae 06-04-2012 08:51 AM

Your Welcome, Karen. Hope you feel better. I had the same type of surgery, but they removed the ovary. I didn't have any problems except a gas bubble that caused a lot of pain from the anaesthesia. I hope I don't ever have that again.