Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

Jenniky 06-04-2012 09:03 AM

Dabbler and others who pitched in with clarifications on instructions.. Thank you :) Thats why we crazy quilters have each other :) and Paintmejudy; no worries on the typo. We all have fuzzy brains at one time or another. Meds for your bronchitis Im sure contribute to the fuzzies.. if not .. then just have some more chocolate wine..and then the fuzzy's will be much more sweeter if not clearer. Ha Ha... :D Also Yayaquilts/Karen I hope you are feeling better real soon. I'll stop by your cabin later and bring you a sampler of all the goodies being shared in the club car. :) :) :) I put out the white flag today in my garden and surrendered it to the rabbits. Im not willing to put more money out for better fencing so when I went out this morning and found five rabbits munching in the garden..I said..have at it.. and walked back into the house.. LOL I guess I will be visiting the farmers market more often this summer. Have a wonderful day ladies. :)

yayaquilts 06-04-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5264769)
Dabbler and others who pitched in with clarifications on instructions.. Thank you :) Thats why we crazy quilters have each other :) and Paintmejudy; no worries on the typo. We all have fuzzy brains at one time or another. Meds for your bronchitis Im sure contribute to the fuzzies.. if not .. then just have some more chocolate wine..and then the fuzzy's will be much more sweeter if not clearer. Ha Ha... :D Also Yayaquilts/Karen I hope you are feeling better real soon. I'll stop by your cabin later and bring you a sampler of all the goodies being shared in the club car. :) :) :) I put out the white flag today in my garden and surrendered it to the rabbits. Im not willing to put more money out for better fencing so when I went out this morning and found five rabbits munching in the garden..I said..have at it.. and walked back into the house.. LOL I guess I will be visiting the farmers market more often this summer. Have a wonderful day ladies. :)

Thanks Jenniky!!! Thanks sadiemae (they took both my ovaries too, so that I won't get another cyst!) I am determined to feel better!!

Farmer's markets are good!! and a great alternative to those annoying rabbits (was going to say "bunnies" but that sounds too cute, and even if they are cute critters, they are as annoying as gophers-we are battling them!!)

babyfireo4 06-04-2012 09:30 AM

Step 3 is on hold here. I've got a sick 6 year old that I thought was on the mend. You know with 3 doc perscriptions and his improving energy, not an out of line thought.... Until about 2:30 this morn. Poor thing emptied his stomach all over:(. Got him all cleaned up and settled back in his own bed, which was clean and spent the next hour and half cleaning and working on immediate laundry so there would be enough blankets *Just in case*. Luckily no more of that so far! So while he's resting I'm headed for the desert table for one of those ghiradelli brownies, right after I grab a margarita from the bar!

marytoddliz 06-04-2012 09:55 AM

Babyfire, I am so sorry that your baby is sick! I hate it when they get sick and they are so helpless. Yaya, glad things are going well, I had that operation when I was 30 and I was truly grateful for it! I had endometrosis and cysts constantly.I am caught up with step 3 and looking forward to step 4~

Have a wonderful week ladies~ Great food!

JanTx 06-04-2012 10:06 AM

It's fun to read all the chatter in here. Tomorrow I get step 4 of a 6 step (one a month) mystery I'm doing with my LQS. A month is a LONG time between clues. The WEEK we wait here feels long enough! Guess I'm not a very patient person.

We've had a 4-year-old grandboy visiting for the last 10 days or so. He's back with his parents today and I miss him. He's such a joyful child. But ... I slept in all the way until 8:30, read some, finished a star block for one project, pieced the backing and layered a sandwich for another, and made a mess of a Farmer's Wife Block - all before noon today.

I'm a teacher and today is the first day of our summer break. AHhhhh. My husband is retired and had the day shift with our grandson. He's a wonderful grampop. Is it wrong to wish he had been as good a dad with our two? :( Oh well, definately water under the bridge.

YaYa and MaryBeth - I had the surgery when I was 40 - also for endometriosis and cysts. Best thing I ever did! Take it easy and let your body heal.

I am going to keep one part of the daily routine while the little man was here. I'm about to take a nap!

See you later in the observation car. Hope we're taking the scenic route.

SulaBug 06-04-2012 12:41 PM

Here's my lesson #3 all done.

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339907[/ATTACH]
I finally finished lesson #3 of this fun, fun Mystery Train Ride!! :D The blocks are looking so great & I am anxious for Saturday to get here again!! :D I think I will head on down to the club car & see what's going on. Come on everyone & join us!!
:D :D :D :D

PokerDiva 06-04-2012 12:47 PM

SulaBug, I think you are going to have a very pretty quilt.

Jenniky 06-04-2012 12:54 PM

I agree very pretty and unless my eyes are playing tricks it's also very sparkley. In the picture it looks like there is a silvery thread echoing some of the printed fabric? Im waiting until tomorrow to tackle step 3. Working on PP's for Halloween Swap atm. Soon as I finish up these last three though.. I will join you ladies in the club car. I have some fresh grapes and strawberries I can bring along. :)

pdcakm 06-04-2012 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=PokerDiva;5253252]I have finally came to the end of my journey on the last train ride. All quilted. Now I can have fun on this one

love it pokerdiva. i have finally got my top done. will try to post it later.

debquilts2 06-04-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5264915)
It's fun to read all the chatter in here. Tomorrow I get step 4 of a 6 step (one a month) mystery I'm doing with my LQS. A month is a LONG time between clues. The WEEK we wait here feels long enough! Guess I'm not a very patient person.

We've had a 4-year-old grandboy visiting for the last 10 days or so. He's back with his parents today and I miss him. He's such a joyful child. But ... I slept in all the way until 8:30, read some, finished a star block for one project, pieced the backing and layered a sandwich for another, and made a mess of a Farmer's Wife Block - all before noon today.

I'm a teacher and today is the first day of our summer break. AHhhhh. My husband is retired and had the day shift with our grandson. He's a wonderful grampop. Is it wrong to wish he had been as good a dad with our two? :( Oh well, definately water under the bridge.

YaYa and MaryBeth - I had the surgery when I was 40 - also for endometriosis and cysts. Best thing I ever did! Take it easy and let your body heal.

I am going to keep one part of the daily routine while the little man was here. I'm about to take a nap!

See you later in the observation car. Hope we're taking the scenic route.

jantx could you tell me what LQS stands for so i can check out the website???
thanks
Deb