Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

chefbwarner 06-04-2012 02:32 PM

Sulabug, those fabrics are so pretty and so bright. Deb, I'm not jantx but LQS stand for local quilt shop. There are a lot of shops who have block of the month clubs going nowadays it seems. Keeps folks coming in and who can resist the temptation, not me for sure. LOL Retta

JanTx 06-04-2012 05:11 PM

Yes - Local Quilt Shop. Mine is "The Cedar Chest" in El Campo, TX. During the school year I can't get in there very often - I teach piano until 8:00 PM 4 days a week AFTER my day job as an elementary school music teacher. Quilt shop hours don't match up with that. Every other weekend we have our 4-year-old grandson while my son is at work so ... that's out, as well. They are closed on Monday, but I plan to be there close to the time they open tomorrow to scout out what's new and what's been moved to the sale shelves and to get the next clue.

This shop also has a club which meets once a month on Saturday mornings. It's supposed to be a Farmer's Wife Smpler Club, but has expanded to much more than that. This Friday/Saturday there's a shop hop with just 3 stores. My husband and I plus another couple are going to hit those three stores - about 45 minutes to one of them, 30 minutes to the next, then an hour home - and have lunch together. LOVE THE SUMMER TIME! :)

This shop has been open only two years, but they are doing well at offering things to bring people in. A dear friend and I are signed up for a retreat they are sponsoring June 18 - 20. It'll be our first retreat and we are very excited!

VickiM 06-04-2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5265193)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339907[/ATTACH]
I finally finished lesson #3 of this fun, fun Mystery Train Ride!! :D The blocks are looking so great & I am anxious for Saturday to get here again!! :D I think I will head on down to the club car & see what's going on. Come on everyone & join us!!
:D :D :D :D

Oh, isn't this pretty?!? Love it!!!

cad_queen_2000 06-04-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5263683)
I saw you from the observation car cad queen. Wow, you're fast! Grab my hand and I'll swing you aboard.:thumbup: You can head on into the sewing car and the dining car from here.

Thank you very much Foxflower. Glad to be aboard. A nice cup of tea would be nice after all that running.

urgodschild2 06-04-2012 08:22 PM

Back from my great nephew's HS graduation in Vegas. tomorrow I will look at the clue and cut my material and then go to my quilt class. So glad to be back on the train. Going down to eat and enjoy everyone's company.

SulaBug 06-04-2012 11:30 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding my quilt blocks so far. This has been such a fun train ride & I just love it!! :thumbup:

Jenniky, yes you definately see a gold thread that runs through the flowered fabric. I just love that fabric & have been waiting for just the right project to come along, to use it with. I think I have found it!!:thumbup:

Simonsmom 06-05-2012 05:59 AM

Thanks for the reply but I am so computer challanged that I think I am going to have to not participate in this; I am unable to find the new postings each week, I go to the inital posting but do not find any weekly updates from it; I have read and re-read the help page but no luck.

kd7kyo 06-05-2012 06:16 AM

Thank you!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!!

kd7kyo 06-05-2012 06:18 AM

This is really pretty!!!! such a great job!!!

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5265193)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339907[/ATTACH]
I finally finished lesson #3 of this fun, fun Mystery Train Ride!! :D The blocks are looking so great & I am anxious for Saturday to get here again!! :D I think I will head on down to the club car & see what's going on. Come on everyone & join us!!
:D :D :D :D

Jenniky 06-05-2012 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5253252)
I have finally came to the end of my journey on the last train ride. All quilted. Now I can have fun on this one[ATTACH=CONFIG]338805[/ATTACH]

Pokerdiva that is beautiful. You must be so pleased. The quilting is awesome I love the spirals in the flying geese. Very very nice. Thanks for sharing your finished first Mystery Train project. :thumbup: AWESOME :thumbup: