Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

SulaBug 05-16-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5221876)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335816[/ATTACH]

trying to decide but I think it is narrowed down to picking from these groupings.....sorted thru fabric all day

Both fabric selection's are wonderful, I would hate to have to choose just one!! :D Maybe you should make two of the Mystery Train projects. One can always use an extra gift for that special someone!!
:D :D :D :D

AnngelAnne 05-17-2012 04:08 AM

trying to decide but I think it is narrowed down to picking from these groupings.....sorted thru fabric all day

I am looking at the material you are trying to decide from and thinking how much fun I could have shopping in your stash, lol, need help sorting, lol?

Everose 05-17-2012 05:42 AM

AnngelAnne, I'm with you when we go help Sunliten. I know she has a lot more fun fabrics compared to mine. Can't wait to see what you decide, SS. I do get to go to a fabric store today. WOW!!! I'm looking for a specific fabric to make Mom pillowcases. Start paperwork today for the memory unit and then Friday WE go for a visit.

I started an I SPY quilt with animal fabric yesterday. I ordered a tumbler tool that works with the 5" charm packs. Also have a pattern for a kaleidoscope. Asked DH if he could cut the pattern pieces out of plastic. "Yes" So I might have a lot of templates before I know it. Can't wait.

Best get downstairs and cut some fabric while Mom is sleeping. Have a great day ladies.

coopah 05-17-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5222064)
Sorry Coopah. That's what I get for trying to read through her too quickly. Maybe my posting congrats will make you win something. Hope so

Hey, no problem. Maybe you wishing me luck will help that change! :thumbup:

coopah 05-17-2012 05:56 AM

That fabric with the cowboys and barbed wire is an attention grabber. Really like that!

walk-n-roll 05-17-2012 06:38 AM

I love all your western prints but since paintmejudy suggested small to medium prints for this mystery maybe you should use the flowers for this one and....send me the western prints.

nancia 05-17-2012 07:00 AM

i'll arm wrestle you for the western prints! i'm missing dallas so much, i'm goint to make a western blankie to drag around with me! move over linus, there's a new kid in town! lol. i am really, truly, gathering western motifs for a quilt. with the three of us shopping, uh, i mean, sorting your stash it will be a matter of minutes before it will look like the locusts hit! i'm bringing a couple of construction trash bags. they're big and strong and you can drag them to where you want them--oooo, hot flash! for a moment i thought i was talking about a man ! fan on! lololol.

yayaquilts 05-17-2012 07:57 AM

walk-n-roll: I just noticed it looks like you have 3 separate sets of floral fabrics. Such pretty choices. Be sure to show us which set you choose. I like the black ones with fall colors-there's more variety in each of those fabrics.

coopah-love your quote!!

SunlitenSmiles 05-17-2012 08:18 AM

Karen they are actually from a trip to northeastern Ohio about 5 years ago....fell in love with them but never found just the right pattern......almost did 9 patch pizzazas but got sidetract

most of the western ones are from a trip to Colorado and Wyoming several years ago....great memories

Diane

pdcakm 05-17-2012 02:00 PM

sunliten - love the flowers but i am over them for a while. now, that cowboy, that's fun. thinking i will use my monkey fabric that i have gathered for a child's quilt.