Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

Jenniky 05-21-2012 03:06 PM

Yum Sunliten I can smell the Grill and its WOW terrific Im grabbing my plate to be first in line for a serving. :) It's lucky this train also has a car set up with exercise equipment for us. I'll have to do an hour on the elliptical machine... that one that looks like your skiing. Then I will be ready to try some of the dirt pudding and lasagna with garlic bread in the caboose left by babyfire. :thumbup: :thumbup: The weather is beautiful..I can't wait till we make the stop in California to pick up our hostess of cermonies Judy. :) :) :)

PokerDiva 05-21-2012 03:13 PM

If you talking about paintmejudy, you will have to wait till you get to Arizona to pick her up.

Jenniky 05-21-2012 03:28 PM

Oh..yeah..her daughter lives in California and she goes over there to visit alot..maybe that is why I was thinking California.. or am I really mixed up.. Haha.. Keep me straight PokerDiva :thumbup:

PokerDiva 05-21-2012 03:39 PM

Yep, your right. Her daughter lives in California. But it would have been nice of her to have asked us along on her adventure in Europe don't you think?

Jenniky 05-21-2012 03:57 PM

LOL; Im sure she will of course bring us back some wonderful pictures. :)

Everose 05-21-2012 04:30 PM

WOW - did Judy go to Europe? Good for her - I don't even get across the river anymore. But I'm going to CA in June!!!!!!! I can hardly wait. Hoping there will be some great fabric stores in the area we will be at.

Called my friend and said "when you come for some raspberry plants, bring some rhubarb". Can't wait to try those bars.

Off to Wal-Mart (the one without the fabric). DH is out of town again tomorrow so I will run an errand while he is here with Mom.

Foxflower 05-21-2012 05:22 PM

Someone inquired about rhubarb lemonaide? Sounds good. Here's a link to an interesting recipe from allrecipes.com.....http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rhubarb...arch&event10=1

urgodschild2 05-21-2012 06:53 PM

I am so sorry but I ate the last of the Rhubarb bars. My goodness they were so good. Guess I will have to make some more. Now to go find some Rhubard. Do they sell it in the CA stores??????? Use to eat it a lot when I lived in MA. All the goodies in the car are so wonderful. Maybe I will just stay in here for the entire ride. LOL. this is my first mystery train ride too and I posted my material earlier. I am excited to get going too. Can Sat get her any sooner?????

AnngelAnne 05-22-2012 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5232850)
dabbler312, you might see if you can find a recipe for rhubarb lemonade anywhere. A restaurant in Seattle makes it and it's SOOOOOOO good!

Here you go, at least this is what I use when I have fresh rhubarb. You are so right, it is major good.

RHUBARB LEMONADE

2 (12 oz.) pkgs. frozen rhubarb (3 c. fresh)
1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate
3 c. water

In saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, frozen lemonade concentrate and water.
Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until rhubarb is very soft. Strain to remove pulp. Chill the liquid. Just before serving, pour over ice cubes.

If you chose you may add lemon lime carbonated beverage to each glass, or 2 (7 oz.) bottles (about 2 c.) lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled if you are making in a punch bowl. Makes 12 servings.

IBQLTN 05-22-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4 (Post 5232921)
I'm putting the dirt pudding and lasagna with garlic bread in the caboose and searching my stash to see if I can find something acceptable :) First time on a train/mystery ect.

OK, I must be tired. Did anyone else get an instant cartoon in their head of a woman with a big 'caboose'? You know, over the lips and straight to the hips?