Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

debquilts2 05-17-2012 02:53 PM

ok got my fabrics just waiting for the day to start.

Everose 05-17-2012 04:33 PM

Deb can you post a picture? Love to see what everyone selects. I might have to change my mind again.

Went to the fabric store today. Jen, I bought the last of the daisy fabric. It is calling Mom's name. Plan on pillowcases and a throw. So I think between ordering on line and buying in town, my fabric itch should be fine for a couple days.

I think we are in for nasty weather tonight. Was beautiful today, now the wind came up and the dark clouds are forming. We need rain, but a nice gentle one not a hard downpour. Oh well life....

Tomorrow Mom and I go to the memory unit for a visit. Keep us in prayers, please, and then maybe I will need the club car as DH will be out of town on an emergency and not knowing if he will be home for the weekend.

nancia 05-17-2012 05:03 PM

everose-- my mom was in a memory unit in nh. had a lovely room with access to the enclosed garden. will your mom be going there to live? or is that a day care option? years ago i was part of a company that provided child and adult day care in adjoining buildings. never heard how well that worked out. guess it wasn't a huge hit or we'd have them sprung up all over the place by now. i feel for you. my sister was the saint in our family as she dealt with mom and her care situation. she did a wonderful job, but mom went thru a phase of blaming her for everything, and then couldn't remember who she was. i was 'the good daughter" because i didn't boss mom around. life is full of irony! anyway, what you are doing for your mom is wonderful, so hang in there!:o

irishrose 05-17-2012 06:33 PM

I think I have my fabrics, though they are nothing I'd choose for me. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. Pink and aqua Christmas just isn't to my taste.

Is there any ice cream in the club car? It's been warm today and that always brings out the ice cream cravings.

Everose 05-17-2012 06:44 PM

nancia, thank you!!!! Sometimes we need to hear it from other people. Mom has been living with Dh and I for 11 months now. We didn't know the problems when she moved in, but we got educated within months. The facility that we are going to visit tomorrow has adult day care, respite care and long term. Mom will be there 5 days in June for sure when DH and I go to CA. If it is a good experience, yes,I'm hoping she will go there to live. They have requirements and that means she will have to stay mobile. Walker is okay, but not the wheelchair. Most of the time I am her sister (who passed away 40 years ago or more) and lives in MN. So all of this will be hard for her I'm sure. And it will be hard for me, because I have become very protective of her. But this is the next step to both of our lives.

SunlitenSmiles 05-17-2012 07:00 PM

there is an entire carton of dark choclate cherry bomb ice cream in the club car and all the makings for rootbeer floats too........sounds like we could use an ice cream social

nancia 05-17-2012 07:58 PM

irish-- i hae some lovely sherbet to share! the virtual bee is this sunday. will you be there?

marytoddliz 05-17-2012 08:49 PM

Oh, I love this site, and the black and whites are calling my name! what to do, I promised I would not buy any fabric in May... But June 1st, I am going to be sending my order in~ I gotta stop making that promise!

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5219061)
I couldn't find it either and I used Springs Industries. But, I found this:
http://www.bugfabric.com/avlyn.htm
Just a little down the page. Three different colours tan, green and red.

marytoddliz 05-17-2012 08:56 PM

I have picked out my fabric but still short one camera. We went down the hill, to get a new camera, found one I liked and could afford, and was not paying attention, did not realize I paid twice as much as the camera was selling for, had to go back down the hill (45 mile round trip) to take the camera back and get the right one, only they were out of the one I wanted! had to buy more gas to get home and gas here is $4.45 a gallon... It was a long day~ It was a hot day down in the valley! Tomorrow I am going to stay home and sew and surf the net for a new camera and let the UPS man bring it to me!

AnngelAnne 05-18-2012 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5223175)
AnngelAnne, I'm with you when we go help Sunliten. I know she has a lot more fun fabrics compared to mine. Can't wait to see what you decide, SS. I do get to go to a fabric store today. WOW!!! I'm looking for a specific fabric to make Mom pillowcases. Start paperwork today for the memory unit and then Friday WE go for a visit.

I started an I SPY quilt with animal fabric yesterday. I ordered a tumbler tool that works with the 5" charm packs. Also have a pattern for a kaleidoscope. Asked DH if he could cut the pattern pieces out of plastic. "Yes" So I might have a lot of templates before I know it. Can't wait.

Best get downstairs and cut some fabric while Mom is sleeping. Have a great day ladies.

Everose I will pick you up on the way to Sunliten's place. Think we could have a good time helping her with her stash, lol.