Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

marytoddliz 05-28-2012 08:32 PM

Oh, I love your blocks, makes me think of Raspberry and lime sherbet. Bright colors are my favorite... and black and whites, I can't ever pass up a black and white, or any combination of B&W in a FQ. I have so many. Maybe time to make another B&W quilt!

Welcome Annie, We made an awesome dip today for BBQ at SIL's house. It was a humus but not made with chick pea's we made it with hominy, turned out very good.

I have lots and lots of food allergies so I enjoy eating here on the train, all the good stuff I can not longer eat, I enjoy here! ;-)

ok I am going to get in a little sewing before I head to bed. Hope you are feeling better Judy

SunlitenSmiles 05-29-2012 05:37 AM

I think Mayhem is playing with the pictures....haylillian fabric choice is covering her avatar, but it is cute, hugs and welcome haylillian....you were quick with the HST....I still have to cut mine.

my thoughts this morning are with Karen / YaYa and a speedy recovery

also very glad and relieved to hear you are better Judy.......bugs caught traveling are not fun.

glad the food here is calorie free and very enjoyable as I am determined to lighten the load that my feet put on earth

Cindy60545 05-29-2012 09:51 AM

HST done!

2 Attachment(s)
Whew! I thought I'd get these done yesterday, but the boys wanted to get their pincushion/thread catchers done! So, undisturbed this morning, I got my HST done. Don't know what the next leg is going to bring, but it's sure looking interesting so far!
Judy, glad to hear you're on the mend, it's no fun being sick! Takes away from our play time!

handi 05-29-2012 09:57 AM

I would like to be part of this mystery. How do i go about? My user name is handi. This sounds exciting. I am selecting my fabric today. Would civil war fabrics work as the scrappy? Thanks for your attention to my request.

paintmejudy 05-29-2012 10:19 AM

hi, handi, and welcome aboard. We're quite casual, no signing up, just join in and start sewing! All clue will be posted on this thread. The first one was fabric requirements, the 26th we started to cut. So, you really aren't far behine.

IBQLTN 05-29-2012 11:11 AM

Drat!~
First the modem died on our DSL Wednesday, the replacement still hasn't come. My friend called me with the directions on Saturday but then Tropical Storm Beryl hit town! No serious damage but I work for a TREE SERVICE COMPANY! 29 messages to return this a.m. followed by almost 100 calls so far today! I just now finished gulping down lunch (3 pm here) and I'm just going to be too darned tired to work on anything tonight! But so far, ladies, everything is beautiful!

kd7kyo 05-29-2012 11:46 AM

I have been reading about this alk day. It has made work go by quickly. But i am slightly lost as to what or where the first clue is. Help? Thank you!

PokerDiva 05-29-2012 12:09 PM

The first clue is just the fabric requirements. It is on page one.

Originally Posted by kd7kyo (Post 5251618)
I have been reading about this alk day. It has made work go by quickly. But i am slightly lost as to what or where the first clue is. Help? Thank you!

stefanib123 05-29-2012 12:54 PM

Here comes a hobo jumping on this train.........Hi, all! LOL!

I'm looking for a new project since I'm at home for the summer. This looks like so much fun! I joined the Farmers Wife and loved that one. I'm assuming this is like that, but a mystery?

So, the fabric requirements are the first clue and the second is the HST's? Will the clues always be posted on this thread?

Urgodschild2, I lOOOOOOVE your pink and lime! I love that color combo and it looks very summery! Off to pick out some fabrics and get started!

paintmejudy 05-29-2012 02:00 PM

you got it right, stefanib, look here on this same thread on Saturday mornings, and you'll find the next clues. # 3 posts June 2nd.