Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

jaba 05-31-2012 01:28 PM

lovelyl, I did the same thing. I'm going to do a wait and see......It's suppose to be scrappy. The 1st set I did "right" and then made a 2nd 1 from batiks also. Yours match way better than mine. Haven't ironed them yet...will post and show you later. Remember it's your scrappy

whitepine 05-31-2012 02:20 PM

PokerDiva, I just saw your finished Mystery #1. Awesome! It turned out great.

I'm enjoying the ride from the observations car and love all the fabric combinations. Especially the batiks, :) but that's just me.

PokerDiva 05-31-2012 02:30 PM

Thank you Whitepine. I just love doing mysteries.

paintmejudy 05-31-2012 03:07 PM

... and making these has been a blast for me, Florence. Glad you guys are having fun.

Pam H 05-31-2012 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first mystery quilt I did. It was in the McCall's quilting magazines jan/feb, mar/apr,may/june. I am giving it to my mom. It is at the longarmer and I just can't wait to see how it turns out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339116[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 05-31-2012 03:27 PM

OOOOOO Pam, our quilt club did that one too. I did mine in purples. Love your reds. It is amazing how different everybodys turns out.

stefanib123 05-31-2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5255176)
Thank you for your kind compliment about my color choices. I didn't realize that you watched how my projects go together. But thank you for that too!! You are so sweet!!
:D :D :D :D

Well, at first your signature is one of the reasons I recognize your work all the time, and then I just started remembeing from that, LOL! See, you never know who you inspire on here, I should have told you sooner. I've admired your stuff for while! Plus, you kinda look like my mama! LOL!

Ellietow 06-01-2012 03:50 AM

Hello All,
I'll be late getting on the train - is there a way to bookmark where the clues are, so I can find them easily when I get on? Thanks!

lovelyl 06-01-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5256431)
lovelyl, I did the same thing. I'm going to do a wait and see......It's suppose to be scrappy. The 1st set I did "right" and then made a 2nd 1 from batiks also. Yours match way better than mine. Haven't ironed them yet...will post and show you later. Remember it's your scrappy

jaba - can't wait to see yours when you post! I just love batiks - for some reason they always look good together no matter how you mix them! Only one more day before the next set of directions!

Everose 06-01-2012 04:25 AM

Jen, I got enough of a fabric fix yesterday for both of us.

I still haven't cut my fabric. Waiting for some Christmas fabric that I purchased, to see if there is something I like better. DD is coming home this weekend, so I have been cleaning and trying to get organized.

Take care - see you all tomorrow.