Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-2017-a-t284907.html)

kristijoy 01-20-2017 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first block! After reading/watching Bonnie Hunter on-line with the essential triangle tool, I'm trying to be more brave about cutting triangles. I also have a new 1/4 inch foot that I'm getting accustomed too. I tweaked it a bit to make flying geese and a partial seem in the center.

I can't wait to make the next one tomorrow! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566315[/ATTACH]

Oksewnsew 01-20-2017 10:17 PM

Great job Kristi - I'm not a 'green' person, but that is very pretty. It would make a pretty Fall quilt. ;o)

annt59 01-20-2017 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my two blocks.

Libster 01-21-2017 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by annt59 (Post 7745927)
Here are my two blocks.

Hi, Ann. I love your purple and green blocks. So pretty.

jacquie 01-21-2017 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my 2 blocks for this month... I have a selection of fabrics which I wish to mingle together in the hope that the blocks will all share some of fabrics. This way I hope they will pull together, as it were.
These 2 may not look like they will match but my third block hopefully will have a mixture of these fabrics...
xxx Jacquie xxx

petuniaflowers 01-21-2017 06:01 AM

I love how color value changes the focal point of block number two! Enjoying everyone's color choices. Purple is not a color I use much but I think it is beautiful in the combos I've seen so far!

Belfrybat 01-21-2017 06:35 AM

I really like all the blocks, but particulary the ones by Jacquie incorporating border fabrics. I'm always at a loss on how to use stripes and border fabrics. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to work on the second block today and hopefully take a pic of both together to post tomorrow.

klaws 01-21-2017 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of both my blocks. I'm not sure if I like all the yellow in the second block. I should have switched the yellow and blue flower print.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566353[/ATTACH]

kristijoy 01-21-2017 08:58 AM

The picture skewed the colors a bit, I'll have to try my camera next time instead of my phone. There is green in the corners, but the center is actually a yellow. It's an interesting yellow, it definitely leans toward the green part of the spectrum. It looks great with the other fabrics in the collection, but I seriously doubt whether I would've purchased that yellow all by itself! :D

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 7745922)
Great job Kristi - I'm not a 'green' person, but that is very pretty. It would make a pretty Fall quilt. ;o)

carrot 01-21-2017 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess (Post 7745170)
Carrot (Karen), when you subscribe to a thread by clicking on Thread Tools, there is a "notification" section where you can choose to receive emails instance, daily, weekly, etc. The default is set for "control panel only" so you need to click on the drop down arrow on the right side and choose how you want to receive notifications.

I had done all that...so now I unsubscribed and resubscribed and did it all again... we will see !!!!:thumbup: