Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilting Bee 2017

New Quilting Bee 2017

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope it proves to be a very good year for everyone. Now onto something new for the Quilting Bee. I hope you will embrace this idea. It is lots of fun, and there’s no mailing involved. The one stipulation is that when you have made your block, you must post a picture in order to be in the next month. I’m hoping you will enjoy this idea for something different. The blocks will be 10” finished.

Each month one person will pick a block she’d like to do, and post the link where to get the pattern, and everyone will make that block. Then the next month another will pick a block, etc etc. At the end of the year, you will have 12 different blocks to put together in a quilt. You can set it up any way you desire, for instance, sashing, on point, etc. I have a couple quilts made from another group I was in several years ago, it was fun.

I will start the year off with the following block:

http://www.patchworksquare.com/mf/al...uilt-block.pdf

So far the sign up for the Bee includes:

Bibliostone
    CajunBear
    Coconuts
    Happylab
    Jacquie
    JoyceRowell
    LindaC
    Ljptexas
    Lovngrandma
    Missgigglewings
    Oksewnsew
    Quiltmaker123
    Sauki1
    Terriamn

If anyone else would like to join, please feel free to, just PM me so I can keep track of who is who. ;o)
    Let's have some FUN...

Jean

I might add, anyone is welcome to join. I would appreciate it if you will PM me and let me know you are doing this.

Ok...I really don't like making blocks for myself...but this sounds like fun, so I'm staying in. I am going to modify my blocks by using a common fabric for 2" borders, so I will have 12.5" blocks to work with! Now I'm off to my quilting room to get the first block done!

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Ok...I really don't like making blocks for myself...but this sounds like fun, so I'm staying in. I am going to modify my blocks by using a common fabric for 2" borders, so I will have 12.5" blocks to work with! Now I'm off to my quilting room to get the first block done!
    Oh I'm glad you're staying in. It is fun..especially when there are lots of different blocks you might not make for yourself. You can add whatever you want to the blocks, just thought it would be nice to do something different. We've done the 12 1/2" size for a long, long time. I hope you'll enjoy it. Be thinking about the pattern you will want to share, never know when your name will come up to share.

Well you know I'm in....
    Hugs,
    Betty

Name:  IMG_20170102_162754038.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  1.83 MB

I decided to start on mine today and.... I finished it. I hope they all go this well

When it's my turn, I'm gonna find another good one!

Angie
    Last edited by Sauki1; 01-02-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Looks great Angie, great fabric!

Hugs,
    Betty

Name:  IMG_0481.JPG
Views: 2409
Size:  552.9 KB

I received a FQ Bundle from Santa and will use it on this Bee. It has a southwestern flair but in soft colors! Not my usual style but I will be 70 years old and I am embracing new things this year! So here's my block:

Nice colors MGW

Thanks Betty

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    Looks great Angie, great fabric!

Hugs,
    Betty

I like Betty's colors better!

Happy New Year everyone. We are in 2017 already. How time flies.

I'm in, I like this idea. I will post in a few weeks. Still working on BH mystery quilt. She completed the mystery yesterday. I'm still weeks away from completion. But I will complete this block. It looks fairly easy and fun. All I need to do is decide if I want to do scrappy or 4-5 fabrics. Decisions, decisions. I'll be lurking in the mean time.

Oh my goodness - so happy to see blocks already.. Love the ones made. I'm sure you will see a lot of different blocks this year. I hope all enjoy it. Guess I need to get to making mine-did survey my stash today to see what I might use..lolo Patchworksquare.com has a lot of different blocks, also check out QuiltersCache.com for a lot of 10" blocks. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like lots of fun.
    I'm in.
    I've been off the board for a while, but glad to be back.
    I'm going to make my block this weekend.
    In my quilt lab!

Great! Glad to have ya, Ms Grace ...Welcome, hope you enjoy making all the different blocks, easy way to learn different techniques.

Jean

Well.. I kept staring at that ugly little block and decided I could choose better fabric! So I did over and like it better! Goodnight QB....I'm calling it a night!
    t!Name:  IMG_0490.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  759.8 KB

I'm in. A month to do a block, sure hope I can manage this, sometimes I wonder about myself. Will be interesting to see all the combinations. This is something different for me.

Count me in! Sounds like fun! If I can figure out how to post a picture, that is.

WELCOME, WELCOME. I'm so glad to see new quilters. I'd like to also introduce a few more that have PM'd me to join: Annt59, jchaffin, Tomara, PABerard, ThimbleShy. This will be fun. Be sure to post pictures so I will know you're in next month. You are welcome to chat, too. Don't ever hesitate to ask questions, either thru here or PM me.

Jean

Missgigglewings, I like your blocks. When all the different blocks are put together, it will be striking.. (seems we keep the same hours, lolo)

Blog Entries
    I pm'd you !! I am in !! Thank you !!

Karen (carrot)
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Can a person pop in and out? This looks like fun but I can't commit to it right away. Doing 3 Booms, 2 commissioned quilts, and plenty of UFOs this January/Feb. To join later I just post a picture?
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Help me understand, please, about who picks the block of the month. Are you going in the order of the sign-ups??You picked for January, then Bibliostone for Feb, Cajun Bear--march, and so on till the 12th person for the year?

Well Zozee, as it stands right now, I will draw a name and they will pick a block, let me know what it is and link and I will post around the first of the month. IF we have more than 12 that posts pictures, then will have to decide then. Participants need to post pictures in order to be in the next month. Hope that makes sense..

Jean

Hi Jean, Yes I'll stay in. I think this is a great idea, especially as we seem to have lost the original 'block of the month' that used to be on here. Big shame! and also, some of the ladies were going with out a partner a lot of the months in the 'quilting bee'...

(if we chose to we can still make a different block for ourselves each month to complete out 'theme quilt' that we were making last year. I'm happy to do this!)

I'll have a look at your chosen block when I get home from work later!!

See you soon! Hugs Jacquie xxx
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast