Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilting Bee June, 2017

New Quilting Bee June, 2017

Can you believe how fast this year is moving? It's nice to see all the different fabrics used in the blocks, going to be quite interesting to see how everyone puts these blocks together. The quilter that is choosing the blocks for June is (drum roll..........), Carrot. She has chosen a couple neat blocks - she said she'd had these 'saved' just in case her name came up to choose. lolo They are great blocks, too. Thanks, Karen.

**The one rule is that when you have made your block, you must post a picture(s) in order to be in the next month. The block patterns will be posted as 10 1/2" blocks.

We welcome new participants. Just send me a PM and I will make note that you would like to join. I hope that everyone who wishes to join, stays with us for the year. Even if you have to play catch-up, one block is all it takes to stay in. Have fun...

http://www.quilterscache.com/A/Alask...teadBlock.html

http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Baton...uareBlock.html

Here are the June blocks finished. They are on my ironing board, that's why the background looks weird...lolo

Name:  June '17 Bee Blocks.jpe
Views: 1033
Size:  64.9 KB

These look easy enough for me to do!
    And being from New Orleans, the Baton Rouge square makes me a tad homesick.

Blog Entries
    Love the 2 new blocks for this month. They look like they will be fun to do. I think I can do this one without getting
    frustrated. Happy June to all
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-01-2017 at 03:18 AM. Reason: remove copyright image, should have used link
    women can't live on chocolate alone they must quilt

Jean, your blocks look great! Nice selection this month Carrot!

Hope to sew my blocks this weekend.

Jan

Blog Entries
    I have a really hard time getting around on this site.
    I don't know why.
    I was trying pm you but could not find your email...
    I would like to join.
    Thanks

BillieJean, just go to Private Messages at the top of this page and send to Oksewnsew. If you join the thread, it will automatically send you emails when someone posts to this thread..maybe that will make it easier for you to find.

Welcome and hope you have fun. Just remember, all you have to do is make one of the blocks and post a pic. It's nice to see posts from you too. Hope this helps you some..

Jean

Nice block selection carrot and nice looking blocks Oksewnsew.

Connie

Thanks for comments. ;o)

Cannot wait to work on these tonight. I am loving making blocks. I have always done applique quilts so this is all new to me.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Glad you are enjoying this Bee. The different blocks are fun to make and see how different fabrics make up in them..

I have been thinking (did ya see the smoke? lolo), how many would try applique in a block? or maybe even try paper piece? Just thinking of adding these for something interesting to add with these blocks. Let me hear what ya'all think.. IF any are afraid to try either of these ideas, speak up..lol I want everyone to participate so give me your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Glad you are enjoying this Bee. The different blocks are fun to make and see how different fabrics make up in them..

I have been thinking (did ya see the smoke? lolo), how many would try applique in a block? or maybe even try paper piece? Just thinking of adding these for something interesting to add with these blocks. Let me hear what ya'all think.. IF any are afraid to try either of these ideas, speak up..lol I want everyone to participate so give me your thoughts.
    I definitely would not do paper pieced and would prefer that all blocks for this quilt are pieced. I love applique but do not care for it mixed in this type of quilt. Just my opinion. I'm not afraid of either one; just hate paper piecing and love applique, but not here. If that's what others want I can always add other pieced blocks for mine, so its up to others what you decide.
    Today I made my January catch up block. I chose Album Framed done in Batiks. My goal is to do all the blocks for this quilt using Batiks. Not sure if my catch up block is supposed to get posted here or if I'm supposed to post it back in the January Bee... anyway, here it is...
    Name:  Album Framed-January.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  66.6 KB
    Last edited by Just Jan; 06-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

I agreed with just Jan #12 entry for this quilt. Maybe we can have a third block for those who want to make a small wall hanging?

I'm at a BH retreat in ky! Learning a lot! I guess I would be for just about anything thrown about me! How else would I know if I like it or not?!

Just finished my catch up block for February... Grandma's Favorite...
    Name:  Grandma's Fav-February.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  66.2 KB
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Lovely January and February blocks, Just Jan.

I wouldn't mind a 3rd block for those that are interested. I am taking a class that has lots of different techniques and the blocks have had appliqué so I am getting some practice. Lol!

Connie

Blog Entries
    I love your choice of colors.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter to me. I love the blocks each person has chosen and if I feel I can't do them I can always sub with another. I'm sure not a fan of paper piecing but I keep trying and practicing ....well someday I might be able to do one of those amazing quilts that I want to make

LOLOLO, I setting here just chuckling. Paper piecing is NOT something I like either! It makes me so nervous for some reason. I've tried off and on for years, it's just not my thang...lolo Thanks for the input. We'll just keep doing the pieced blocks, fine with me. I just don't want anyone getting bored. OHHH, anyone that is 'catching up' with past blocks, just post on the current Bee, and we all can ooohhh & aaaahhh at all of them, just mention what month they are. Does that sound ok?

Your blocks are lookin' good Just Jan, love Batiks.

Blog Entries
    Here's my June blocks plus my catch up January block and one from February.
    .Name:  IMG_6845.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  925.2 KBName:  IMG_6844.JPG
Views: 667
Size:  915.4 KBName:  IMG_6764.JPG
Views: 667
Size:  1.04 MBName:  IMG_6714.JPG
Views: 652
Size:  413.4 KB

Twinharbor love the colorful blocks, they are going to make for a happy and fun looking quilt! Your barrister block is my favorite.

In February I was scared to death to do this block, but as I continue to see more barrister blocks done, it's become of my favorites.

Jan

May and June Blocks

Have had May's done for a while but trouble uploading so here they are together. love everyone's blocks so far. All so different
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh so many pretty blocks to enjoy - gorgeous colors ladies. Thanks for posting. Glad to see you catching up.

Thank, everybody, for your kind comments. When I do April I will be caught up... Today I finished my March catch up block... Broken Dishes.

Name:  Broken Dishes-March.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  67.7 KB

TwinHarbor...I love your fabric selection. So much fun going on there.

Just Jan, love your batiks and you are one fast sewer. I'm impressed.
    Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 06-03-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast