Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee, July 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-july-2017-a-t289350.html)

Mary Christine 07-02-2017 06:27 PM

Love the blocks for July and the bonus block as well. But since I've yet to do June's blocks, I have to play catch-up again! Seems that life keeps getting in the way. How did I ever get anything done before I retired - that is the question. Oh well, you ladies are very patient with me and I do appreciate that. Happy 4th, everyone!

AnngelAnne 07-03-2017 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by DianeR (Post 7855598)
Block #1 for July done, not perfect but will live with it. Spent the weekend sewing which has been w[ATTACH=CONFIG]575649[/ATTACH]onderful :)

Very nice Diane, I like this, its restful looking to me. Barb, how thoughtful and wonderful of you to post all of them so far. I have a lot of catching up to do also. Finally can look at the postings, though, quietly because I am at work, then save the block addresses and then mail them to myself at home so I can use them. Can only open quiltboard at work, so sadly have to sneak it in to read. Anyway, fun blocks, love HSTs.

AnngelAnne 07-03-2017 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7855648)
Hello everyone! I'm new to quilting board and am looking forward to jumping in to the Quilting Bee. Right now, I'm feeling ambitious and am going to try to "catch up"... we'll see how that actually goes!

Thanks Barb for the easy reference of all the blocks. I look forward to "meeting" all of you!

Hey Jayne, welcome aboard, its a fun bunch and they are very tolarate of anything, I'm proof of that, lol.

So I missed something, is there a bonus block each month now, or has there been just one so far....I confuse easy, especially when the computer is not co operating, lol.

Barb in Louisiana 07-03-2017 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 7856565)
So I missed something, is there a bonus block each month now, or has there been just one so far....I confuse easy, especially when the computer is not co operating, lol.

The only bonus block has been in June so far. Wonder what July will have??? Only our fearless leader knows for sure.

AnngelAnne 07-03-2017 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 7856573)
The only bonus block has been in June so far. Wonder what July will have??? Only our fearless leader knows for sure.

Oh okay, thanks Barb.

zennia 07-03-2017 06:05 AM

Thank You Barb for posting all the blocks. I love making HST'S so I am going to start with July and try to catch up. I will pm hostess so I can join.

JayneW 07-03-2017 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy "almost" 4th of July! I'm home alone for the week as my husband is on a rafting trip in Idaho. I am teaching summer school so I was not able to go. The good part is I have lots of quilting time! Here is my first block. I really struggled with the flying geese as I have never made them with triangles before. (I always use squares). Any thoughts? Other than one missing point, I'm satisfied and excited to make more! I'm thinking I'm going to use all shades of blue and make a "picnic" blanked. Maybe add some red cornerstones in the sashing... but seeing how I only have one block so far, I have plenty of time to think about that!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575769[/ATTACH]

Barb in Louisiana 07-03-2017 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7856742)
Happy "almost" 4th of July! I'm home alone for the week as my husband is on a rafting trip in Idaho. I am teaching summer school so I was not able to go. The good part is I have lots of quilting time! Here is my first block. I really struggled with the flying geese as I have never made them with triangles before. (I always use squares). Any thoughts? Other than one missing point, I'm satisfied and excited to make more! I'm thinking I'm going to use all shades of blue and make a "picnic" blanked. Maybe add some red cornerstones in the sashing... but seeing how I only have one block so far, I have plenty of time to think about that!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575769[/ATTACH]

Welcome. I think the block looks good. The blues will make a pretty quilt. I am a bad person at not following directions. I do my FG with squares no matter what the directions say. Now I may end up with the quilt police after me. In fact, I should admit that I redraw the blocks in EQ and use my colors in them. Sometimes, I omit seams....oh no!!! But I like what I have done so far.

pippa 07-03-2017 10:05 AM

July blocks

1 Attachment(s)
Here are this month's blocks. Didn't want to cut up the roses in the second one so ended up doing it with Y seams. Not perfect but finished! Very pleased with myself as this is the first time that I have managed to keep up with a BOM!

Just Jan 07-03-2017 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 7856745)
Welcome. I think the block looks good. The blues will make a pretty quilt. I am a bad person at not following directions. I do my FG with squares no matter what the directions say. Now I may end up with the quilt police after me. In fact, I should admit that I redraw the blocks in EQ and use my colors in them. Sometimes, I omit seams....oh no!!! But I like what I have done so far.

I agree, I use my own preferred method which is using squares for Flying Geese. I often omit seams when possible, too. I'm not afraid of the quilt police because I have two dogs that spend as much time in my quilting area as I do, and they would run them off! Jayne I think your block looks fine! Nice job and nice colors. Zinnia, what do you mean you will "PM hostess" so you can join?