Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-york-beauty-quilt-along-begins-oct-1st-t199410.html)

rainagade 10-30-2012 02:14 PM

Oh i forgot to say, no laughing ok. I needed some green fabric in the stash for this project.
I headed to check out DH's shirts. He is no longer working and they are taking up room.

I found the perfect green to go with my NYB fabrics, 100% cotton too~

jclinganrey 10-30-2012 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373572[/ATTACH]

Getting there! Man oh man is this a challenge. But then, maybe it's what I'm supposed to be doing - to stretch and challenge myself as a quilter. Will I ever enter this quilt into a show??? Heck no! Maybe show this at my guild meeting? Yes, provided they don't look too closely. lol

I will persevere!!! I will not let this get the best of me. I will conquer this project. OK. I feet better. Thank you for letting me vent.

As you can see from my first attempt at the #1 block, I lost (sacrificed, chopped off, etc) one of my points. Please see the previous sentence. . . .

I'm coming up with new curse words. Who wouldn've thought it???

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. . . . .

How is everyone else???

Jane

rainagade 10-31-2012 07:21 AM

I get the point! :) As I see it, all the points are perfect.
Great choice of fabrics too. The scrappy look is fantastic in these blocks.
I think my favorite is block1

amh 10-31-2012 08:50 AM

I'm so glad to see more photos. Everyone has different colours, but they have chosen fabrics which co-ordinate so well. Love everyone's blocks.

amh

meanmom 10-31-2012 01:34 PM

I still haven't started. I am working on assembling my 50 paper pieced stars right now. I am about half way done then I can start this. I love everyones blocks.Keep up the good work. I look on here every day for new pictures.
Pat

nygal 11-02-2012 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had begun a Batik paper pieced Sampler before I signed up to do the NYB here. I just finished these four
blocks so take a peek. I really enjoy paper piecing. [ATTACH=CONFIG]373880[/ATTACH]I still plan to do the blocks that were posted here for the NYB.

RockiPocki 11-02-2012 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373896[/ATTACH]I am coming out of lurk mode to say thank you for creating this quilt a long. I am behind, but plan on catching up this weekend. Here are my four Block 0's and my first Block 1. This is a real challenge.

Quiltaddiction 11-03-2012 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]374246[/ATTACH]

These are the blocks I have made so far. I'm quite happy with block 0 but not block 1. Is there a secret to getting the circles to sit nicely I undid this one sooo many times I wore a hole in the fabric. I think I've got the hang of the points. Do you square these blocks up ? Any advise gladly accepted. Thank you.

rainagade 11-04-2012 07:00 AM

QA, the circles are a challenge for me too. I finally tore the paper off, and used my sewing skills. If you have ever sewn a blouse/shirt, think "set in sleeves".

I did square up my blocks when I finished each one.
sometimes When I quilt, I don't square them up until I sew them together though. No excuses, it is just the way I do it.

Nice colors, I love the scrappy thing you have going. I am trying to get scrappier.....

meanmom 11-04-2012 08:06 PM

Oh such pretty blocks. I love paper piecing and am dying to start this. I am finishing up my 50 fabulous paper pieced stars project on here. I have the quilt together and need to make a back and finish the matching wall hanging. I have a picture posted on that thread. I am really happy with how it came out. I did it scrappy with matching background fabric. I plan on doing this totally scrappy. My stash has gotten totally out of control. I need to use some of it up. I will use batiks. I have tons of it. Can't wait to start this has been on my buchet list for a long time.