Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Oct. almost 15th B O M/CARD TRICK - Directions & Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/oct-almost-15th-b-o-m-card-trick-directions-discussion-t2744.html)

DonnaRae 10-25-2007 07:56 AM

Well Shelly shows how to PP in two of the files. So now we know there is a PP pattern, but it has just as many seams so I would rather Rotary cut and piece so that answers PP for me. Go directions though espicially if you PP thanks. :D

DonnaRae 10-25-2007 07:57 AM

I meant Good Directions :wink:

ShellyQ 10-25-2007 02:09 PM

Hi Donna, Many thanks :D , I agree with you about the paper piecing. I originally drew these up as minitures, so it really is only worth the time and effort to PP this block if you are doing minis, for the accuracy, otherwise in the larger sizes I rotary cut and piece normally, except I do it in squares and rectangles instead of triangles :P

DonnaRae 10-25-2007 02:18 PM

Hi, and thanks for the input. Glad you agree about the PP. I do think that like you said if it was small I would PP only for accurancy. Awesome instructions, did you do those yourself?? I am looking for you next time I need some help :D

ShellyQ 10-26-2007 01:33 PM

What? there are instructions :shock: , I betta go look, be right back

Aren't I slack :lol: , I hadn't even downloaded them to see what Patrice had done with my files.
No is mostly Patrice's work, I just sent her a file of my pattern in EQ5 formatt. I don't have a PDF writer myself, so if I have some thing I think might be of use, I just send it to her. I hope I'm not too much of pain in the bum to her :? . I do plan to eventually get my own program, but funds are a bit tight at the moment, so in the meantime I have to keep hasselling Patrice :P

patricej 10-26-2007 01:36 PM

it's a very expensive program. i bought mine as an investment toward my someday dream business.

no, Shelly, you are definitely not a pain in the bum. or in any other body part. i was happy to do it.

i just wish you hadn't threatened the dogs. one of them is still in therapy!

:lol:

DonnaRae 10-26-2007 03:14 PM

Hi Patrice, I have a PDF my brother installed for me and I don't even know how to use it. :cry: It has too many things going on! And I do not see myself learning it anytime soon as I have four other new things to learn. Was the one you have hard to learn or user friendly?

patricej 10-26-2007 05:13 PM

i can't really decide whether or not it's user friendly.

it would probably be difficult if i wanted to figure out and use everything it does. i don't. i just want to be able to create my own pdfs and to edit them if they need it. (usually at the office, or if i find a mistake in instructions i've written myself. i wouldn't change copyrighted files even if they aren't locked.)

it's easy to convert files from almost any windows program to .pdf using the acrobat. it installs a virtual printer. when you want to create a .pdf, one method (and the easiest) is to "print" to the pdf printer. that creates the new file for you.

DonnaRae 10-26-2007 06:17 PM

Hmmm. maybe if I just look to use it for PDF like you said it would not seem so intimadating. I am usually pretty good at learning and on my own, but this is a really large program with just too much going on. Probably like yours does. I have been learning Html using the program (my brother showed me how to do some things with html and like he said you really start to get it, it just looks hard) which I suppose is good to know. Well anyway thanks for the input. I think I will take a little bit of time each day to learn alittle. :-)

susan s. 11-01-2007 06:28 AM

Kathy, great! I fanally found your BOM and I love it! That's one block which I've had in mind to do. I've seen in a couple versons in quilt shops here in town and I tell you they behaved as if it were a secret ninja pattern that would cost tons of $$ and of course only they could teach you how to do it! :lol: :lol: :lol: