Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

SaraSewing 12-02-2011 03:13 PM

Now I've got my mental image down. I don't have 2" strips, but a huge bag of scraps. So I'm cutting them individually. Using up scraps is my goal, even tho it will take me longer. I've cut and sewn about 50 of them, measuring that I've got it right. 2" squares are tiny, but I love than I can use these stupid little scraps. The scraps annoy me, but I can't throw them out. I'm using navy & Blacks, and off white.

JeanieG 12-02-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing (Post 4744633)
Now I've got my mental image down. I don't have 2" strips, but a huge bag of scraps. So I'm cutting them individually. Using up scraps is my goal, even tho it will take me longer. I've cut and sewn about 50 of them, measuring that I've got it right. 2" squares are tiny, but I love than I can use these stupid little scraps. The scraps annoy me, but I can't throw them out. I'm using navy & Blacks, and off white.

Sounds good Sara - your way ahead of me as I have not started yet! Going to my sewing room right now.

Caroline S 12-02-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing (Post 4744633)

Check your instructions, as I read it the squares should be 2.5 inches. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Caroline S 12-02-2011 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First 24 squares done, 200 to go! All of the fabrics are from my stash and a collection of scraps from my DD, mother and aunts.

Sadiemae 12-02-2011 04:08 PM

Caroline S, they look great!!!

JeanieG 12-02-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4744773)
Check your instructions, as I read it the squares should be 2.5 inches. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Caroline, according to the instructions the HST should measure 2" when the two triangles are sewn together, and 1 1/2" finished in the quilt. The Easy Angle Ruler has the 1/4" seam built in.

Caroline S 12-02-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 4744909)
Caroline, according to the instructions the HST should measure 2" when the two triangles are sewn together, and 1 1/2" finished in the quilt. The Easy Angle Ruler has the 1/4" seam built in.

OK, I will double check my HSTs. Thanks Jeanie

islandwiz1 12-02-2011 05:41 PM

Wow there is alot of cutting again. Well I challenged myself to do part 1 and part 2 so now another challenge part 3.
Someone tell me it gets easier as we get to the final steps I hope!

sammygirlqt 12-02-2011 06:52 PM

I love your little blocks Caroline S. They are cute and colorful. Mine are very boring and dull. I am disappointed that we are doing more black blocks. I don't have time to cut the full amount of any step right now so am doing portions until I see how things go together. Bonnie has never disappointed me yet with one of her mysteries.

pjnesler 12-02-2011 07:41 PM

I'm finally IN! - completed my previous project last evening - (except for burying threads) and started just a few of each block this evening - my fav was the blue paper pieced block, Hope to get lots more done tomorrow evening! :) FUN :)!