Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

candi 12-16-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 4787921)
Candi, which do you think would look better pink or blue for the background. My main color is purple , with pink and blue and yellow strings.

Not sure, I imagine anything would look fabulous. But since your main color is purple, it may show better against a pink background, I guess I am thinking light pinks. Since I don't know what the pattern looks like, lol, this is only my guess since Bonnie is using red on cream, maybe the purple on pink would be bolder than the purple on blue?

Oh and BTW, do you have a photo to share? Don't remember seeing any, your colors sound beautiful.

SheriR 12-16-2011 11:36 PM

Candi, which do you think would look better pink or blue for the background. My main color is purple , with pink and blue and yellow strings.

I picture your colors compared to Bonnie's like this: where Bonnie has red you have purple. Where she has blue you have pink. Where she has black you have blue and where she has cream you have yellow. Right? It's going to be sooo very pretty!

COYOTEMAGIC 12-17-2011 06:52 AM

What color did you use in place of Bonnie's neutrals? This is your background color.

COYOTEMAGIC 12-17-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 4787903)
Oh no! Why?

I screwed up part one and am having to redo it.

COYOTEMAGIC 12-17-2011 07:04 AM

Did this thread move boards or is it just my early morning stupor that has me confused?

islandwiz1 12-17-2011 07:34 AM

Well I have the picture in the camera but I have misplaced the cord to download it to the computer. Step 1 all pinks and blues (scrapy) Step 2 pinks and blues (scrapy) Step 3 yellow strings Step 4 purple strings They look good together on my table. But because of the scrapy look. If I use pink should I use 1 color for all of them or stay scrapy with maybe with darker pinks. I am so confused!

islandwiz1 12-17-2011 08:17 AM

Still looking for the darn plug . I will have to clean my mess after I find it. I hate getting old! Can't remember where I put a simple plug. Found every plug that who knows what they go to but the one I want. Back to looking.

candi 12-17-2011 10:10 AM

Carolyn, stay scrappy, look at Bonnie's, she is pretty scrappy, lol. I wish I could have been more scrappy, but I don't have many scraps, but scrappy is good, and your colors sound fabulous, purple and yellow are divine together IMO.
Ok, now try to say scrappy five times in a row,lol.

On another note, I now have 168 HSTs completed, and added wings to about ten of them, that is going to be it for now, as I have to go to work and tomorrow, I need to finish the top for my mom's Christmas gift.

candi 12-17-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 4788559)
I screwed up part one and am having to redo it.

Ouch sorry about that. Well if it makes you feel any better, I am not done with step one yet, and haven't done any of step 4, have about 50 done on the strings(step 2) and about 168 on the HST's, so no where near caught up :)

islandwiz1 12-17-2011 12:18 PM

I want to sew. The twins are are having a ball watching Mickey Mouse. One fell asleep and the other is eating her toes.