Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

lakekids 01-19-2012 02:57 PM

Thanks. Now there are times I am picky about matching or points but I try to never obsess about it. I will never be a perfectionist and since most of my friends don't even sew they are usually blown away by my efforts.

Besides of which, I figure if my friends are going to point these things out then maybe I need new friends (HA HA).

Emma S 01-19-2012 03:58 PM

Jeanie: Really like your idea of changing the inner border on the quilt. Since my strings are green, I will try that and see what I think. My guess is it will really make the center pop. We are almost at the same place, I have four of the eight rows sewn together. Congrads!

s.daurio 01-22-2012 08:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just finished quilting my Orca Bay, this is one of my favorite quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305172[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 01-22-2012 09:09 AM

Sue, your quilt is beautiful!

Foxflower 01-22-2012 10:52 AM

That is just beautiful. The quilting is perfect for it.

JeanieG 01-22-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by s.daurio (Post 4898834)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305172[/ATTACH]

Just beautiful Sue! I love the colors. I've just got to add the borders and my flimsy will be done. Mine is awfully bright, as I did Bonnie's colors!

lakekids 01-22-2012 12:41 PM

Components complete. Now for Layout.

2 Attachment(s)
I finally completed piecing all the components. I decided to try to different partial layouts - one like Bonnie's layout and one with the large strings surrounding the light background Ohio Stars.

Now I have to decide which I like the best.

Havplenty 01-22-2012 12:51 PM

wow simply beautiful. i love your colors and you really did finish it. love the quilting!

Originally Posted by s.daurio (Post 4898834)

Havplenty 01-22-2012 12:53 PM

i love your bright colors. very festive. these colors speak to me. i am saving this pic for when i start my orca bay. i hope you dont mind.

Originally Posted by lakekids (Post 4899663)
I finally completed piecing all the components. I decided to try to different partial layouts - one like Bonnie's layout and one with the large strings surrounding the light background Ohio Stars.

Now I have to decide which I like the best.

candi 01-22-2012 04:39 PM

Sue, I LOVE your quilt! You did a wonderful job on it. Beautiful quilting too.

Lakekids, wow! Love your colors, orange is a favorite color of mine as is purple and together they are awesome! You really can't go wrong with either layout.

My units are all done too, and I am assembling my top, I am doing it in four sections instead of rows hoping it'll be squarer for me this way, lol. Of course, I am chopping so many points off as I go too, lol.