Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 08-23-2011 09:50 AM

Wow Irene... but the photo we really want to see is the one of you standing on the headboard! lol Very nice blocks will make a wonderful quilt.

hugs, Jup

Obsessed 08-24-2011 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rolling right along, here is my Rolling Star. I really like the look of the blocks in which I've used red and green together. I think I avoided doing that in the beginning because I was afraid it would look Christmassy, but it doesn't at all. To me it just looks bright and happy. I am going to mix red and green together in a few more blocks before I finish up. I actually have a couple more blocks glued together, but they aren't stitched yet so I'm not going to photograph them yet. I have more time to build the blocks in the evenings than I have to stitch them during the day!

Rolling Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]246378[/ATTACH]

Irene V 08-24-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Rolling right along, here is my Rolling Star. I really like the look of the blocks in which I've used red and green together. I think I avoided doing that in the beginning because I was afraid it would look Christmassy, but it doesn't at all. To me it just looks bright and happy. I am going to mix red and green together in a few more blocks before I finish up. I actually have a couple more blocks glued together, but they aren't stitched yet so I'm not going to photograph them yet. I have more time to build the blocks in the evenings than I have to stitch them during the day!

Yes, you are definitely Rolling Right Along, Lara. Beautiful block.

jtquilts 08-24-2011 05:15 PM

I like your green and red, too. In this block I love the 'pop' of red. You certainly on a roll!

Deecee 08-24-2011 10:10 PM

Nice to see the momentum speeding you along Lara. You will be up to date in no time.

Love this block - does not say Christmas to me at all just "look at me 'cos I'm beautiful".

jtquilts 08-25-2011 06:18 AM

Love this block - does not say Christmas to me at all just "look at me 'cos I'm beautiful".[/quote]

That is what I meant to say!

jtquilts 08-25-2011 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest block. I don't remember the name. . . .other than my glaring gap I think I like it. I wish my outside applique pieces were bigger but I think it will work.

Obsessed 08-25-2011 09:30 AM

I'm looking for a glaring gap, but I can't find it. It looks beautiful to me! Love the batiks - especially the pink "background" applique.

Deecee 08-25-2011 01:25 PM

Love the fabrics on this one Judith and your glaring gap must be looking the other way 'cos I can't see it either.

jtquilts 08-25-2011 05:04 PM

It is just the top left light point next to the black. But, as I have commented to others when they have talked of something they wish were better, when they are all set together the blocks will play well together and I probably won't even see it!