Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

quilts4fun 03-06-2011 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All of your blocks are beautiful ladies. It is so much fun to see how they are turning out.

Here are mine....

Ooops, they are a little stringy :oops: :lol:

BATIKQLTR 03-06-2011 02:30 PM

DeeCee wrote:..... am vaguely considering doing QAYG which would rule out an all over design. I shall wait for inspiration.

Deecee....QAYG would be really nice. The backing would echo the blocks from the front. And each one has such unique shapes.

QUILTS4FUN......Beautiful colors and such precise workmanship!!

Obsessed 03-06-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V
Beautiful work you've all done. Here are mine, zonky and crooked and somewhat appealing:

Not just somewhat appealing Irene, very appealing! They look really nice together.

Obsessed 03-06-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by quilts4fun
All of your blocks are beautiful ladies. It is so much fun to see how they are turning out.

Here are mine....

Ooops, they are a little stringy :oops: :lol:

Thank you for sharing! They are beautiful!

Obsessed 03-06-2011 05:06 PM

Jupiter, I really like how the brown print matches some of the piecing as well - and Deecee, I love the red in that brown. I'm just worried that it will all be too much once everything is all together. My husband is always telling me that my blocks are too busy. I try to ignore him, because seriously - what does he know? But, since my plan is to hang this in our bedroom, I was looking for a less busy solution for my sashing - just to appease him. I have time though. Once all the blocks are finished and it is time to put them together I can make a final decision. And if I don't use the mink blender fabric - well, I can always use that for something else. I'm always using earth tones.

Deecee 03-06-2011 11:10 PM

Lara - you have plenty of time to decide once you have all the blocks done and can lay them out on both fabrics. You may both have changed your minds by then!

Either choice will look great.

(But if you don't use the "busy" one, it could always take an overseas quilting holiday. I would look after it.)

Jupiter 03-07-2011 12:36 AM

Hi Quilts4fun....

Your blocks are beautiful! I like the print medallion fabric you are using. ,... and I love your color choices.

hugs, Jup

Cuddly Quilter 03-07-2011 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by keelybird57
Here's my Advanced Liberty Star. It took longer to complete, but was fun.

Judy

Absolutley beautiful

Cuddly Quilter 03-07-2011 12:44 AM

[quote=Jupiter]Here are my Indiana Puzzle blocks, 6" and 12"

Love your block very much indeed. Thanks for the tip. Cannot wait to see your other blocks.

Cuddly Quilter 03-07-2011 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Now, the "big reveal!" Can hardly wait to see everyone's blocks all together.

hugs, Jup

Thanks for sharing all your blocks. So beautiful.