Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 02-21-2011 04:42 AM

I wonder why your signature is showing up there but mine isn't.

I take that back - it's there now.

keelybird57 02-21-2011 05:09 AM

DeeCee, your star is awesome -- as usual!

I have my templates glued, just need to start sewing.

Judy

Irene V 02-21-2011 06:37 AM

DeeCee,
Your block is beautiful. I need to finish sewing my rings, then I'll be ready to post. Yours looks just perfect. Mine needs work.

kwiltkrazy 02-21-2011 10:26 AM

DC that is fabulous! I love the block, but the colors knock me off my feet.

Deecee 02-21-2011 12:17 PM

Thanks everyone.

I am normally a blue person but this fabric range really grabbed my attention and I am enjoying working with it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's the stars coming out.

Irene V 02-21-2011 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. Finally finished the "Advanced Liberty Star." I had some difficulty making the circles fit (had to unsew them and make them smaller for some reason) but here it is now with it's somewhat crooked circles. It will match my crooked block from last week.

Jupiter 02-21-2011 06:01 PM

Congratulations on being #1 this week! You block is wonderful. nice....

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Deecee

Originally Posted by Obsessed
OK - Sunday is almost over and here's the SHOCKER.... I don't have my block done yet! I've got the pieces cut, but I've had other things on my plate this week, so I'll be stitching as the week goes on.

Just wanted to say hi, and wish you all a happy weekend - even though it's almost over...

I am shocked :shock: I was waiting for your post.

Seeing someone else has to be first - here's mine:

P.S. It's Monday p.m. here so I have had a bit more time than everyone else. :-D

Jupiter 02-21-2011 06:04 PM

It looks good Irene. My only caution is that the edge of the circle is so close to the edge of the block... do you have enough space for your seam allowance? or maybe just let it lay where it will.... anyway you choose, it will be a hit.

I haven't even started my blocks for this week. Got another project on my table... need to move it out!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Irene V
Ok. Finally finished the "Advanced Liberty Star." I had some difficulty making the circles fit (had to unsew them and make them smaller for some reason) but here it is now with it's somewhat crooked circles. It will match my crooked block from last week.

Deecee 02-21-2011 06:17 PM

Love the stripes Irene. Your blue/green/chocolate is a great mix. Good job on making adjustments to your circles.

kwiltkrazy 02-21-2011 08:11 PM

Looks good, love the colors, especially those stripes.