Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

jtquilts 12-30-2011 12:49 AM

Oh, Wow! The pictures are well worth waiting for....I can just imagine how thrilled your daughter must be! Now, what other wonderful projects are you working on?

Deecee, I thought of you and your Christmas . . . not with large hailstones, though! No damage, I hope.

Deecee 12-30-2011 03:40 AM

Unfortunately my car was parked in the street during the hail storm.

There is A$3½ thousand damage to the body of the car plus the roof has to be replaced. Fortunately my insurance will cover all but A$500 but my car is less than 12 months old and the first brand new car I have ever owned. I am not very happy.

Jupiter 12-30-2011 09:17 AM

Hi Deecee,

I envy your hot weather. Its not really cold here like some places get, but this is the first year that my hands have really hurt with arthritis. I talked to my doc about what was the best thing to do for it, and he told me to move to Arizona where its hot and dry! lol

Enjoy your hot days; swim, read, shop for fun stuff, barbecue with friends.... a few months from now when it turns cooler, you'll be ready to stitch again. I used to quit sewing for the summer, but the past few years I've been involved with a project that I just couldn't quit on, so I crank up the air conditioner and keep on quilting!

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by Deecee (Post 4822970)
Wow - Jup that is just fabulous....beautiful....and whatever other word I can think of.

You have been working very hard while I have been doing nothing :o We have been having near century heat here then storms with giant hail on Christmas Day - none of it very conducive to quilting at the moment.

Jupiter 12-30-2011 09:23 AM

Hi JT,

What I am working on now.... I got very lucky. "Santa" brought me a long arm quilting machine! Its a Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with frame. So, sew, so, sew...... I am learning to quilt on it. Its fun, but a bit tricky on getting everything set up to run smoothly. Apparently getting your tension set just right becomes an art in itself... but I am getting there.

I found a forgotten quilt top in my closet that I made 7 or 8 years ago. I quit on it when it came time to quilt it because I didn't know what to do next. I didn't realize that I made it and saved it to be a tester on my long arm, but it is, and its turning out fairly nice!

hugs, Jup

Deecee 12-30-2011 01:25 PM

Jup, I think I need the contact info for your Santa. :D Have fun playing with your new longarm. We anticipate pics of your practice piece.

mtngrl 12-30-2011 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies! I have finally finished my blocks, just before the New Year. Not sure how to post on this new format but will try.

Deecee 12-30-2011 09:42 PM

Hey mtngrl - they look sssssstunning in the black/yellow/orange.

jtquilts 12-31-2011 10:34 AM

Oh, I certainly agree with stunning! How fun to see them in another color wave.

Jupiter 01-01-2012 08:01 PM

Hi mtngrl,

The yellow and black are a very striking combination. You are going to have some great quilt!

hugs, Jupiter

Deecee 01-15-2012 12:01 PM

How is everyone going with their PH?

I haven't been in sewing mode while DH and I were on holidays but we are back at work now and I am trying to get back into a routine with some sewing time. Trying........