Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 01-15-2011 06:22 PM

Its Saturday night.... I am sneeking and starting week 3 right now! I'll post photos tomorrow, probably. I am excited to watch everyone's foundations come together.

hugs, Jupiter

Deecee 01-15-2011 10:01 PM

I have a question regarding the glue. Mention has been made of Elmers glue but I was wondering what other type/brand everyone is using.

I assume it needs to be water soluable and the glue stick I have at present isn't. (Clover Fabric Adhesive stick - it stays tacky and turns white when wet. I bought it by mistake.)

I would appreciate a bit of info from others before I start trying to track something else down.

Obsessed 01-16-2011 06:18 AM

I've got a generic white washable glue stick - like you would buy for little kids to take to school. They came cheap in a pack of three. Basically like the elmer's stick. I haven't done any applique yet to know whether it soaks out - but I have been using it to "pin" my foundation blocks and it seems to dissolve easily enough when I squirt it with my water mister.

Jupiter 01-16-2011 09:44 AM

Good Morning. Its a new week and time for Week 3 to begin. I worked on mine last night. The first one was fine with some extras I will explain when I post my photos. The second one has its troubles. I am making my blocks 12.5" size, and I got that one way too big. I am finding out that you cannot just double the numbers and go with them. There is some finesse required.

I will be working on it again this afternoon. Hopefully I can post photos and numbers for the 12.5" by this evening.
I am anxious to see everyones Week 3 photos. Happy stitching!

hugs, Jupiter

BATIKQLTR 01-16-2011 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my week 3 foundations up this morning while waiting for the football games to start. Mine are the 6 1/2 inch size.

Deecee 01-16-2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
I've got a generic white washable glue stick - like you would buy for little kids to take to school. They came cheap in a pack of three. Basically like the elmer's stick. I haven't done any applique yet to know whether it soaks out - but I have been using it to "pin" my foundation blocks and it seems to dissolve easily enough when I squirt it with my water mister.

Thank you - I will check out office/school supplies.

quilts4fun 01-16-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
I finished my week 3 foundations up this morning while waiting for the football games to start. Mine are the 6 1/2 inch size.

Those turned out very nice. I can hardly wait to start on mine...sometime this week. :cry:

Obsessed 01-16-2011 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my Week 3 foundation blocks. Please ignore the glue marks on the quarter-square foundation - I got a little carried away!

Week 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162050[/ATTACH]

Jupiter 01-16-2011 10:53 PM

Very nice. I like the center of you Bright Hopes block.

hugs, Jupiter

Jupiter 01-16-2011 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Lara,

I'm having a hard time making your 3rd week blocks be the same pattern I used. Are you in the same book as we are? Or are these previous blocks prettied up?

I am posting my photo of all three weeks. Maybe I am just looking at them wrong...lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Here are my Week 3 foundation blocks. Please ignore the glue marks on the quarter-square foundation - I got a little carried away!