Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 01-18-2011 08:27 AM

They sure do look nice all lined up together. Aren't stashes wonderful!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Here are all of my good foundation blocks. The fabric is from my stash. And I am glad I used scraps, took me a few trys on a couple of blocks. Thanks for the hint on squaring off the small 9 patch to 4.5 inches, it made things much easier. Still fussing with the glue, I think I will try the Elmers.

Furza Flyin 01-18-2011 07:49 PM

Thank you all so much. I am going to start working on the blocks a little ahead, but I promise not to post pictures until that week. :) I have been choosen to serve jury duty and will be doing a little bit of sitting and waiting to be picked. So, I am planning ahead and will have a few blocks ready to hand piece. Yes, I called and they will let me bring a small pair of round nosed scissors. Now I have to go digging in the craft box and try to find and sharpen the safty scissors covered with glue, paint, and markers. It's always something ;)

Jupiter 01-21-2011 10:59 PM

I just got home from my day trip to Road to California. I had hoped to meet up with Penny Haren while there. She was teaching a class, but I missed seeing her. HOWEVER..... Her quilt was on display... the one on the front cover of her/our book. It was awesome! I wasn't sure if I'd like the stars she put her 6" blocks into, but they were a dynamite knock out, for sure!

I thought about taking a picture to show you, but then decided my little cell phone camera probably wouldn't show you any more than the professional photos in the book! lol

My 7 year old granddaughter, Emily, went with me for a very long day trip. Its about 2.5 hour drive from home to the convention center in Ontario, but we got lost on the way so it was more like 3 hours. Then coming home, I missed a freeway somewhere along the way, so again we too a longer route home, punctuated by a huge traffic jam.

Home is good. The show was good. I'm glad to be home.

hugs, Jupiter

Obsessed 01-22-2011 05:55 AM

Too bad you didn't get to meet her, but how cool is it to see the quilt up close and in person!

QuiltingHiker 01-22-2011 04:08 PM

Detours aside, sounds like a fun day.

Jupiter 01-23-2011 12:04 AM

It was a very good day!

hugs, Jupiter

Jupiter 01-23-2011 10:35 AM

Today is January 23. Welcome to our first "catch up" week. I hope everyone is having fun with this project. You should have at least one of each of the nine foundation blocks made.

Next week we start the "real" blocks. I can hardly wait! If you choose to work ahead, thats OK, but thank you for waiting for the correct week to post your photos.

hugs, Jupiter

Furza Flyin 01-24-2011 08:45 AM

I am so excited! I completed my first real block and even set it in the star block. It is so very pretty!!!! But you will have to wait till next week to see it :)

Obsessed 01-24-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
I am so excited! I completed my first real block and even set it in the star block. It is so very pretty!!!! But you will have to wait till next week to see it :)

Furza Flyin, you are such a tease! ;) Can't wait to see it! I am going to work on my first block this week too so I can post it on Sunday... Excited to be working on these "for real" now!

Deecee 01-24-2011 05:51 PM

I'm almost caught up after a late start waiting for fabric and the book to arrive. Like Obsessed, I have made the foundations for the actual blocks instead of the practice ones. I don't think I would have been able to catch up otherwise. It doesn't help that I am a sloooooow worker.