Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 05-23-2011 08:49 AM

OOOOooohhhhhhh DeeCee..... That is beautiful! It looks like inlayed ceramic tile. Definitely a favorite!

I think I will be more productive here on out. Giving up the 12" blocks give me a new freedom. I will probably get busy on my Starlight block today. Your's inspires me.

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by Deecee
O.K. I am home from work now, so here is Starlight - I think this may be one of my favourite blocks.

Irene V 05-23-2011 09:05 AM

Your "Starlight" is just beautiful, Deecee. I've done mine but am traveling right now and didn't download my photo into my laptop so I'll post as soon as I get home.

Deecee 05-23-2011 01:05 PM

I am glad you are going to continue with your 12inch fabric Jupiter - your blue/yellow combinations are lovely and the blocks you have already done will certainly blend with whatever others you add.

Love your colour combination in Shirley's Star. On point certainly does give the blocks a different look. I like it!

Irene - Looking forward to your pic.

Irene V 05-24-2011 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm back home now and here is my "Starlight." My star doesn't standout beautifully like yours does, Deecee. The little squares at the corners and side seem to stand out more than the star. Oh well. One more block down :)

Deecee 05-24-2011 11:15 PM

Wow Irene your block is great. :thumbup:

It's amazing how fabrics and placement can give a block a whole different look - and that's what gives our work individuality. :-D

Irene V 05-25-2011 05:58 AM

Thanks, Deecee. Looks like it's down to you and me lately. Jupiter jumps in every now and then. How far ahead have you worked or are you still going week-by-week?

Jupiter 05-25-2011 08:35 AM

I think DeeCee's star stands out because her little boxes are stripes and just blend into a backdrop.

Your block is beautiful, too, Irene. They are all just unique pieces of art... no 2 alike!

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by Irene V
I'm back home now and here is my "Starlight." My star doesn't standout beautifully like yours does, Deecee. The little squares at the corners and side seem to stand out more than the star. Oh well. One more block down :)

mtngrl 05-27-2011 12:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm still working on these, I have only 4 done..I'm so slow because I have so many projects on the go at the same time. When I need a fun project I tackle another one, it may take me years to finish. I'll post photos on a separate reply.

First tries, not happy with colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203124[/ATTACH]

Paper is still in these three...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203125[/ATTACH]

Looked like the Texas star with circle that I see on the neat metal designs..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203128[/ATTACH]

My "Winter Texan" Flag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203135[/ATTACH]

mtngrl 05-27-2011 12:27 PM

Love this one:)

mtngrl 05-27-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mtngrl
Love this one:)

OOps forgot how to use this board its been so long... will find the block and repost..