Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 06-01-2011 12:50 PM

Thank you Irene. I think everyone has chosen beautiful colour combinations.

Sometimes I wish I had chosen a few more colours so I have a bit more variety to chose from but then I suppose I would spend all my time making those decisions.

I must admit I deliberately chose a limited number of colours for this project. I usually like lots of variety but then spend loads of time deciding what to put together. Seeing I am a slow worker, I thought having less choice would streamline this project for me - which it has.

Jupiter 06-02-2011 08:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, here I am......

Jupiter 06-02-2011 08:27 AM

As you can see, I've been busy.... just not prolific with the photos!

The 6" collection is coming out wonderfully.

The 12" collection now included blocks that are not Pieced Applique, but they are 12" blocks in the right fabrics. I think that bunch will make a great quilt too.

I love looking at all the blocks you all are making. Its cool to see how different fabrics can make the same pattern block look so different from one another.

...and I am so-o-o thankful for the "catch up" weeks! lol

hugs, Jup

Jupiter 06-02-2011 08:36 AM

Did you realize that Starlight and Spinning Star are the same block except for the shape in the corners? Starlight has a square and Spinning Star has a triangle there...Duh!

And yet they don't look alike....

hugs, Jup

Deecee 06-02-2011 12:21 PM

Beautiful blocks Jupiter - you have been busy with both sets.

I did have a deja vu moment when making Starlight and looked back through my blocks to see why - those tiny little squares again!

I must say that your schedule is very well designed with the catch up weeks, some BOW's can get a bit overwhelming without any breaks to gather your thoughts or catch up if needed.

Jupiter 06-02-2011 07:41 PM

Those 'catch up' weeks were a great idea. I know I tend to over-fill my time schedule. I put those weeks in so I could keep up! lol

hugs, Jup

Irene V 06-06-2011 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Deecee, where's your "Kaleidoscope Star?" Anyone else have one? Here's mine:

Deecee 06-06-2011 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was being polite and letting you go first Irene. :D :D Very nicely done!

Edit - I had to look twice to see if they were the same block.

Kaleidoscope Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207843[/ATTACH]

Irene V 06-06-2011 07:26 PM

You're right, Deecee. The two blocks look so different. I think yours looks more like a kaleidoscope. You have to look closely to see that they are really the same pattern. Interesting.

Jupiter 06-06-2011 10:23 PM

:thumbup: Its beautiful, Irene! I hope to get mine done tomorrow....

hugs, Jup