Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 07-26-2011 05:34 AM

Thanks Irene - The beach sounds nice (its the middle of winter here).

I do think when a block doesn't appeal, the enthusiasm gets a bit lost. I don't know exactly why it was, but this block did not talk to me right from the cutting stage.

Moving on ...........

np3 07-26-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Thanks Irene - The beach sounds nice (its the middle of winter here).

I do think when a block doesn't appeal, the enthusiasm gets a bit lost. I don't know exactly why it was, but this block did not talk to me right from the cutting stage.

Moving on ...........

Well it is not the most interesting block I have seen you ladies do, but I like your work and color choices. Don't lose your enthusiasm for the whole project!

jtquilts 07-26-2011 09:05 AM

In spite of the hesitation for both of you your blocks look just fine and once in the whole quilt they will do just what they were meant to do! I know you know that already....

I have just been trying to transfer my picture of my latest block from my camera to my computer and I am having trouble. Just know I have been keeping up so far!

Deecee, I am thinking of you and your husband and I hope he is doing well. Irene, the beach!? Wish I were there, too! Have fun.

jacquie 07-26-2011 09:11 AM

deecee, your block is GOOORGEOUS!!!! what beautiful fabric!! since seeing your block i've had to buy some of it!! thank you for introducing us to it!! i haven't managed to get any more blocks done yet, but they are on my 'to do list'. i love to pop in now and again to see how you ladies are getting on. great work ladies!!! :)

Monday morning here and it looks as though I will be first to post.

This is one of my favourite blocks.

Deecee 07-26-2011 02:32 PM

Thanks for the cheer-up ladies. I was just a bit bummed yesterday having spent an hour driving to the hospital, then almost another hour trying to find a parking spot, then getting lost in the hospital. No big drama, just frustrating and time wasting.

np3 07-26-2011 02:52 PM

Thanks for the cheer-up ladies. I was just a bit bummed yesterday having spent an hour driving to the hospital, then almost another hour trying to find a parking spot, then getting lost in the hospital. No big drama, just frustrating and time wasting.

I'm so sorry this happened. Like just gets in the way sometimes!

jtquilts 07-26-2011 03:09 PM

Recently Mom was in the hospital for an extended stay and I didn't have the long driving or the parking problems. . . it just took a toll in emotions and a strain on routine! Thinking of you and sending hope it is a short time.

Deecee 07-26-2011 05:55 PM

Thank you. Yes, it is emotionally draining!

Deecee 08-01-2011 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another week gone and only two of the last block posted. :shock: Where are our regulars?

Well I hope I start the ball rolling.........but I will be honest and admit that I did this block in advance because I knew I would still be going back and forth to the hospital.

Only a couple more blocks to go. :thumbup:

Sarah's Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234722[/ATTACH]

jtquilts 08-01-2011 04:15 AM

Ooooooo! Sarah's Star is a beauty! I really like the star-in-a-star. I just finished the 9 patch in a 9 patch and I like that effect, too. Good to hear from you, is DH progressing well? How about you?