Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 08-01-2011 04:44 AM

Hey Judith - DH is doing well and taking walks around the hospital. So long as he is back in bed in time for his next treatment no one seems to mind. Hopefully it will only be a few more days - have to admit I am very tired of driving, trying to find car parking and sitting around so will be glad when they let him out. But he will miss the extensive menu he has been enjoying there!!

Are we going to see a pic of your 9 patch?

Irene V 08-01-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Hey Judith - DH is doing well and taking walks around the hospital. So long as he is back in bed in time for his next treatment no one seems to mind. Hopefully it will only be a few more days - have to admit I am very tired of driving, trying to find car parking and sitting around so will be glad when they let him out. But he will miss the extensive menu he has been enjoying there!!

Are we going to see a pic of your 9 patch?

Glad your husband is doing better. It would be nice if you could set your sewing machine up in the hospital...Best to you both.

Irene V 08-01-2011 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful block, Deecee. You do such a marvelous job of choosing your colors and fussy cutting your centers. Here's my latest attempt. Sarah's Star.

jtquilts 08-01-2011 09:33 AM

Irene, your block is so attractive! Your colors on the outer star points is perfect. I have a ways to go to get to this block. I guess I could jump to it if I wanted! I am still having trouble importing my pictures from my camera to my computer. The biggest problem might be me! Our daughters come to visit Labor Day and they are my tech support.

Deecee 08-01-2011 01:00 PM

Great block Irene. Your colour scheme always comes up with lovely contrast.

If my eyesight was better I would take my hand sewing in to the hospital but I'm lost without my little personal halogen lamp and bi-focals. I look like a garden gnome hunched over my sewing - a bit scarey for other patients. :lol:

Judith we expect pics after you have had a lesson from techie DD.

np3 08-01-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V
Beautiful block, Deecee. You do such a marvelous job of choosing your colors and fussy cutting your centers. Here's my latest attempt. Sarah's Star.

stunning!

jtquilts 08-01-2011 01:47 PM

OK, Deecee. I do have pictures of two squares in my camera that you haven't seen. You girls don't have too many more to complete! I will be posting all by myself. . . .any more recruits out there?

Deecee 08-01-2011 01:58 PM

I will keep you company Judith and there may be others quietly working along.

jtquilts 08-01-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I will keep you company Judith and there may be others quietly working along.

Thank you~

Jupiter 08-02-2011 08:25 PM

Hi Everyone....

Sorry I've been absent lately. I've been to the Long Beach Quilt Festival last week and am having a hard time moving back into "studio mode."

I had wonderful drapplique and thread painting classes with Pam Holland from Australia, a not so much fun class with Esterita Austin (subject wasn't my style), and a fun evening of silk painting with Addie Chernus. A week spent with my local quilting buddy, Jewell. Now home again and trying to make friends with my spoiled-rotten dog who missed me very much, and a sweet hubby who just smiles, hugs, and lets me get away with most of my hair-brained ideas.

I have not made my missing blocks for this group. I'd promise to catch up this week, but hey, if I catch up entirely, who will hang around with Judith to finish? lol

Soon.... I promise sort of.... I am loving looking at what I've missed. Going is fun. Coming home is better!

hugs, Jup