Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, February 2013 - Crazy Heart Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-february-2013-crazy-heart-photos-t212613.html)

SandyinZ4 03-07-2013 07:14 PM

Joyce/Mimi...I can see a whole quilt with blocks of hearts, all embellished with different trims. Yours look wonderful. Dang it. My list just keeps growing of 'want-to-do's'!

mimiknoxtaylor 03-08-2013 02:32 AM

Thanks SandyinZ4.
I have been wondering what to do with these blocks other then a quilt. What are some of you doing?
Have considered table toppers, small quilts to use on door in place of a wreath (inside garage), or just mug rugs to pass on as gifts.
I want to start doing something with them so they don't wind up with my zillions of orphan blocks

rural01 03-25-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5849845)
Alright, here is my February block...because I am using civil war fabrics, I didn't want it to look victorian so I tried to make it look more traditional? I also am making some small pieces each month to work in the finished quilt...I am showing them to you so you can keep me honest and make sure I do it EVERY month! The civil war fabrics are not colors I would usually use, so it is kind of hard for me to stay true...but I will....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394121[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394122[/ATTACH]

I absolutely love these blocks, the colors, and the layout you are using. Those small blocks are such a great idea. I cannot wait to see this finished.

Southern124 03-28-2013 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished my block learning how to use embroidery stitches with my new machine. Since I only started doing these blocks a few weeks ago, I'm finally caught up and ready for the April block. What a great way to learn new techniques. Thanks so much for all the tips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]405017[/ATTACH]

CAS49OR 03-28-2013 06:05 PM

Southern I love your beautiful green colors! Your stitches are very nice, I bet you're having fun with your new machine!

CajunBear 03-29-2013 10:41 AM

Great job, love the greens for March!

Wow, did you say you were ready for April...okay hint.....4 fabrics....dark for background.....other 3 bright and colorful!
Of course, mine background is solid black, but the other colors are white on black, black on white with a bright blue...or did I tell ya'll that already?

Hey I'll try not to eat too much Easter...and get it posted early. Not too early, I'm Central Time and I am NOT a morning person! But I'll have the message ready to be posted anyway!

Hugs,
Cajun

SulaBug 03-29-2013 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5963248)
Great job, love the greens for March!

Wow, did you say you were ready for April...okay hint.....4 fabrics....dark for background.....other 3 bright and colorful!
Of course, mine background is solid black, but the other colors are white on black, black on white with a bright blue...or did I tell ya'll that already?

Hey I'll try not to eat too much Easter...and get it posted early. Not too early, I'm Central Time and I am NOT a morning person! But I'll have the message ready to be posted anyway!

Hugs,
Cajun

OH BOY, another good clue. Now I can hardly stand the wait to see the block you have made. I think I'll pick out my color's now. Thank You.
:D :D :D :D