Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month PICTURES, JUNE 2013 - Dresdan Plate 12" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-pictures-june-2013-dresdan-plate-12-a-t222734.html)

dd 06-04-2013 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 6100862)
These blocks are awesome! Can't decide it I want the points or rounded. I did pull out a main fabric that I've been saving & only have a small amount of. I plan to use it for every other blade. Maybe I can start today

Sometimes they just do 4 blades of the same color and the center. That would save you some fabric for another square.

Jenniky 06-04-2013 05:10 AM

Marytoddliz- I have ran into the same problem of ending up with a larger DP then intended and thus have gifted several nice pillows to family and friends. :thumbup:

MamaHen - Your DP is fantastic.:thumbup: Im curious as to how your point tips are a different fabric. Is that a result of the print of the fabric... like in the Paisley DP I shared??? :confused:

Jenniky 06-04-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 6100862)
These blocks are awesome! Can't decide it I want the points or rounded. I did pull out a main fabric that I've been saving & only have a small amount of. I plan to use it for every other blade. Maybe I can start today

Scrappy DP's are one of my favorites. My DP made from the scraps of the other BOM's we have done this far sits nicely along all the other finished blocks. I really am enjoying the 2013 BOM. :)

MamaHen 06-04-2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6103191)
Marytoddliz- I have ran into the same problem of ending up with a larger DP then intended and thus have gifted several nice pillows to family and friends. :thumbup:

MamaHen - Your DP is fantastic.:thumbup: Im curious as to how your point tips are a different fabric. Is that a result of the print of the fabric... like in the Paisley DP I shared??? :confused:

I extended the template one inch, then made a second template out of that-cut fabric and then sewed them onto the original blade, then folded & sewed across like you showed. I made sure to include the 1/4" seam allowance in each of the template pieces where they came together.

MamaHen 06-04-2013 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417151[/ATTACH] Jenniky- Here is a close up of the blades. I only stitched in the ditch across those points when I appliqued the DP to my background fabric.

CAS49OR 06-04-2013 03:12 PM

Marybethiz I really like your background too, it will make a great modern looking pillow or sham.

MamaHen yours is gorgeous! I love how much character the added points give it. The colors are wonderful together.

I hope to have mine done tomorrow, I think I'll end up with an oversize block too so may do the whole thing over.

SulaBug 06-04-2013 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished mine. Each blade of my Dresden Plate is made with Iris print fabric's & I love how it turned out!! Everyone's blocks so far this month are amazing. Enjoy ladies!!
:D :D :D :D

Difergie 06-04-2013 06:30 PM

Love how you did your background...all of them together look fab!

MamaHen 06-05-2013 03:24 AM

Sulabug that is going to be one very happy quilt. You DP is just amazing.

Jenniky 06-05-2013 07:41 AM

Sulabug- WOW... love you DP I concur with all the above posted comments. I have to say though I especially love your DP. The Iris fabric has a definite WOW factor in my book. It kinda of gives it a stained glass effect I think. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: