Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

vickig626 03-11-2013 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5919798)
Oh and forgot the question, just keep on going as far as I'm concerned, when I have enough blocks of these fabrics, I'll just pick another one and keep going. It's nice not to have the pressure to get it done. Have time, sew it and if not you don't have to. I also would like to know how large the next "segment" of our quilt along will be though. Just thinking ahead of fabric amounts and maybe what I would like to make. This little journey has been awesome though and I want to thank you so much for doing it. I think I'm going to like this quilt, not sure what I'll do with it but who cares....I'd be sewing something.

I'm with you on this. I'm enjoying the QA simply because when I have time to sew, I can...if not, that's ok too. I've been printing off every block and got a few done. Not sure I like the fabrics I've picked. I need to post a pic for group "yeah" or "nay" on these fabrics.

So, whatever the group wants to do is ok with me. Busting my stash is my main objective.

Elisabrat 03-11-2013 07:33 AM

I love the block with the twist. its not as hard as all that and it comes out very lovely. I have one already in my pile. I will have to sit out the next one, paper piecing is NOT for and curves are a bit more advanced than I care to work with. I can't do exercises in frustration :( I think I need classes for those and no classes up here unfortunately. I would love to join our quilting guild but they meet on my clinic days and its 60.00 to join plus fees for each class. yikes. sorta not happening especially when in winter months even if it were a day I was home its higher up in elevation and there is a ton of snow. so until I can find a quilter near by who wants to come work with me here I am outta luck :( Wyldewytch your doing a great job and the joy I hear in everyones postings when they do a block and it comes out! and then there is a batch to show all at once the TADA moments.. worth all the hard work. Thanks for hosting this. I will have to finish mine a bit from now. For what its worth August seems like a better time, come closer to Christmas everyone is so busy with other projects they might have a hard time following along and doing those too.

tesspug 03-11-2013 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made the House That Jack built and liked it so much I made it with different fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401174[/ATTACH]

tesspug 03-11-2013 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sew far sew good.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401228[/ATTACH]

dingle525 03-11-2013 01:40 PM

Just continue on would be nice.
Dingle

sew_Tracy 03-11-2013 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been making the back side of this quilt...plugging away at the more difficult blocks mostly. Plan to QAYG with identical-ish reverse blocks on the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401246[/ATTACH]

Sapphire_Rae 03-11-2013 02:37 PM

Tracy, that is going to be gorgeous! I love the bright colors and your idea to make reversible. You are a creative chica!

GirlLivingForJesus 03-11-2013 04:32 PM

I agree with just keep on going! I'm no where near done, but I have until August to get this one done for my niece! I've been enjoying learning different techniques! I'll probably be out of the next one though curves are past my experience....and I still haven't tried a paper piecing one :o I'll just have to play it by ear when August/September gets here...

frenchfryqueen 03-12-2013 04:39 AM

I agree with the other ladies.. I'm definitely down for continuing with this one. I have been busy with a swap so I'm a little behind on the blocks, but I like the idea of always having them to come back to to practice on.

And I vote August for the next QA. :)

GirlLivingForJesus 03-17-2013 06:14 AM

Do we get any new blocks this week?