Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

Anael 08-26-2012 01:45 AM

I'm still way behind with the PC, now working on the BOM from this board, my Jane is so far behind I don't even want to think about it, I still have to make the June block from the HGTV BOM and here I am considering starting new BOM's :D
Back to the sewing machine and finish something, anything :p

Jenniky 08-26-2012 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Purl (Post 5467463)
The 4" blocks are in a different order than the 10" blocks. So I suppose we need to follow the list given in the first post? It is the same as the Contents list for 10" blocks. I can't find a Contents list for 4" blocks. Also, the cutting instructions for Mother's Favorite Star tells us to cut one 2"x7" strip from the dark fabric. Then to cut this strip into four 2" squares. Any other strange and wonderful anomalies found so far? I love the spiral binding!
Purl

I caught that same misprint... so I would encourage everyone to read through the cutting instructions for typos before making your actual cuts. :thumbup::thumbup:

jtquilts 08-26-2012 06:54 AM

I am reading how so many of you are working to have your fabrics cut and ready and your paper printed and ready . . . . I just work 'in the moment'! I do have my first block made and after reading your comments I have three blocks drawn the old fashioned way! If we were all in the same room working wouldn't we be a wonderful mixture of methods!?!?!?

oksewglad 08-26-2012 07:24 AM

Anael--maybe your byline should read--A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger!!:shock:

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5468331)
I'm still way behind with the PC, now working on the BOM from this board, my Jane is so far behind I don't even want to think about it, I still have to make the June block from the HGTV BOM and here I am considering starting new BOM's :D
Back to the sewing machine and finish something, anything :p

dublb 08-26-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5468983)
Anael--maybe your byline should read--A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger!!:shock:

OK - I love it!!! It fits me & Anael!:D

janRN 08-26-2012 05:14 PM

I don't pre-cut my fabric either. I just cut off the pieces I need as I go along. Got the first block done but I'm still not sure if I want to use Christmas fabric or batiks. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

jtquilts 08-26-2012 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5470222)
Got the first block done but I'm still not sure if I want to use Christmas fabric or batiks. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

I am smiling here. . . . .I remember this same comment quite a bit ago! I can't wait to see what everyone and YOU come up with!

Anael 08-27-2012 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5470113)
OK - I love it!!! It fits me & Anael!:D

LOL yes you're so right :D :D

Rosyhf 08-27-2012 08:13 AM

I will wait and see also lol......

janRN 08-27-2012 01:32 PM

I'm glad you guys are getting a chuckle out of my indecisiveness. My DH is having a fit; he started a re-do of the kitchen in January and has been ready to paint for 3-4 wks. Of course, I can't decide on a color LOL!!