Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

Anael 07-18-2012 11:36 AM

They are marked if you mean what to sew first and what last. The numbering is on the patterns.

Anael 07-18-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5374483)
JanR I invited me to join so I'm looking it over. But I'm just about buried as it is and I want to start an appliqué quilt next week. I have one quilt ready to sandwich, two ready to put sashing on, three which includes the PC and FWS that I'm working on, a new mystery quilt in a couple of months at my LQS and a new project every month for MM. I'm wanting to do more of the quilting myself so I know that will slow everything else down. I'll be a lurker at least. It is a beautiful quilt.

I won't tell you how many tops I've ready for quilting. I keep starting new projects and hoping I can keep up with them (which I can't right now). I bought a Craftsy quilting Class so I can improve my FMQ skills, at least that's the purpose. Now to find the time and energy to do the class :D

gardnergal970 07-19-2012 04:39 AM

Anael...I took that class too several months ago. I'm only just now beginning to put it to practice. Oh and I realized I had another quilt in process that I started LAST summer so there are 4 in various stages of completion and every time I walk into the LQS there are so many fabrics calling my name for something. So far, I've resisted pretty well.

carriem 07-19-2012 05:06 AM

Well...I ordered my book yesterday when I worked. :) Jan invited me a few weeks back and I have been following this thread since then. Once I get the book to look through I will decide for sure, but I think I am going to use batiks. I am doing a shop hop the 2nd week in Sept and am planning to get some fabric from each shop. Of course I have some in my stash for the first 2 blocks since I will need to have those done before I leave so I don't get too far behind!!

I too am doing the FW pony club quilt. Doing pp'ing on that has gotten me hooked. :)

Carrie

rwquilts 07-19-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5370697)
Ok Patricia, I'll be the first to tell you being that I post the threads for "THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along" consisting of 90 blocks 2 a week here on the "Board" We've been at it since January 3, 2012... Quite a few of us were on a similar journey "The FWS Sampler Quiilt-Along" same author...111 blocks 2 a week started on or around August 4, 2010...so you see some of us have been together for almost 2 years...having fun, struggling along with pping, trying to keep current or just keeping up...trailing along. We all have nick names and QuiltE keeps us all in line. We can be a handful just having fun and doing some sewing as we go along...and now quite a few of the PC'ers have opted to come along with you on your journey for "Quilts for Rosie" . Honchey

Honchey, good to see some of you guys again. :) Some of us just did the FWQ journey. I still haven't assembled my 111 blocks together, but they wait patiently. Perhaps you gals will entice me to finish the top for journey #1. :)

Patricia Faye 07-19-2012 11:03 AM

Welcome carriem!

Kirsty 07-20-2012 01:58 PM

Book has arrived - ooh am sooo excited!! Think I might have talked my mum into stitching along as well. Any more joining from UK?

Patricia Faye 07-20-2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kirsty (Post 5380696)
Book has arrived - ooh am sooo excited!! Think I might have talked my mum into stitching along as well. Any more joining from UK?

Wonderful!

almond 07-20-2012 05:50 PM

I ordered my book from Amazon on Tues and rec'd it on Thurs. Now that is what I called good sevice. Can we start now?

Anael 07-21-2012 02:16 AM

Can I finish my Dear Jane first :D ?