Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

kwiltkrazy 08-11-2013 08:00 AM

Anael; I guess it wasn't your quilt I saw, whomever it was their quilt was beautiful.

Thanks for the clarification, it's the same as the DQ swap, where I met Dear Gladdy.

Also. thanks for the tip on painter's tape, I have also used freezer paper.

kwiltkrazy 08-11-2013 08:04 AM

Sorry, don't know why my post posted in two different places, strange.

QuiltE 08-11-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 6228287)
.......... Thanks for the clarification, it's the same as the DQ swap, where I met Dear Gladdy.

Also. thanks for the tip on painter's tape, I have also used freezer paper.

aha! Another DearGladdy-ator comes forth .... which means she HAS to become a Spiker!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Belfrybat 08-11-2013 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the fabrics I found in my stash. I used the colour wheel to get an idea of what fabrics to use, an since I like rainbows, I hope this will work. I think I need to add a medium green to round the colours out. I'll use w/w as a background and perhaps a pale green in the corners. I'm thinking about perhaps making these into wall hangings -- three blocks stacked on each other with borders would make a nice size hanging.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429724[/ATTACH]

carriem 08-11-2013 09:06 AM

Belfrybat--great variety of fabrics.

Others have posted good groups of fabrics too!!!

Can't wait to see your blocks come together. :)

dcamarote 08-11-2013 09:28 AM

new to paper piecing but went on the web site and downloaded all the blocks. Really want to try this out. Thanks.

ckcowl 08-11-2013 10:34 AM

i am making good progress on getting my other WIP's done so I should be able to start on time here. :) yea! I finished the oriental quilt- all bound & ready to leave me- one of the Appliqued Connecticut quilts is loaded and 1/3 done quilting- needed a break- but it is going well- the second one I need to finish stitching appliques on one piece- put the body together, add the borders- then it will be ready to quilt...so I am moving right along...guess this *prospective* project was the motivation I needed. :) I decided to take a break, check the forum & watch the Tigers game- the game is not going so well- so maybe I should go start digging through my stash to find fabrics for this project. or maybe I should go finish stitching that applique block I need to do, or maybe I should go back in & work some more on the quilt being quilted....guess I should go do something... I will *try* to have pictures of my fabric selections next time I appear. :D

Rosyhf 08-11-2013 11:41 AM

This is very strange. I have never had this problem. Anyway, I opened my adobe this time and click on make a pdf and then entered the website and it downloaded the first pattern but also the rest of the page lol. I think it's window 8, it seems to be very buggy. I am going to see if I can get an older explorer. I will pm you. Thank you so much.

JeanieG 08-11-2013 12:04 PM

Great fabric Belfrybat - I think you did a great job picking it out!

Rosyhf 08-11-2013 12:09 PM

Ok never mind. I opened up google chrome and I can do it now...it IE10 that's buggy.