Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

gardnergal970 08-11-2013 06:16 PM

Doghouse mom....I have a larger print in mind too but I'm thinking of using it as large diamonds to set the hexes in instead off squaring up the block with the corner pieces. I have to see if my LQS has more...I only have a FQ.

JeanieG 08-11-2013 06:46 PM

Welcome DogHouseMom and Nelco to the 'Spikers'! That makes 44 people signed up to play with us!

DogHouseMom - love your colors, it will make a beautiful fall quilt!

dublb 08-11-2013 06:58 PM

Oh! everyone's blocks are gonna be so very purdy!!! I'm so gonna enjoy watchin' ya'll make these lovely blocks!

mirabelle 08-12-2013 01:12 AM

Of come on Bev you know you want to join us:p doesn't you arm hurt yet from all the twisting:D

Wow 44 Spikers, now lets see how many posts we can get to before September 3rd:D

I have seen some beautiful fabric combos so far, anyone else have any eye candy

Mirabs_dd 08-12-2013 02:59 AM

I have my fabrics all picked out.. Will post a pic when I'm in front of the computer (posting from my phone.. Hehehe) Mum can vouch, it's gona be a bit bright I think.. :-)

kwiltkrazy 08-12-2013 06:42 AM

Mirabs_dd the brighter the better, just remember not to give it to an insomniac lol

DogHouseMom 08-12-2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 6229157)
DHMom, I love your fall colors, won't let my son see your blocks, or he'll want me to do him one in autumn colors.

Hmm ... yeah ... I guess they are "Fall colors". I wasn't thinking that when I chose them. I was choosing to match the color in the dining room :)

jillnjo 08-12-2013 09:17 AM

doghousemom, I think of your fabrics as civil war type and I was thinking of using them, too. Have to do some playing around with what pops out at me from my stash. I also have several light batiks that would make a lovely background, so.......we'll see!

dublb 08-12-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6229429)
Of come on Bev you know you want to join us:p doesn't you arm hurt yet from all the twisting:D

I wish! I won't even git ta fixin' up my new sewin' room up till Sept. I'm gonna be happy ta even git my one MB done for Aug. (Don't worry I'll git it done! I'm determined.) I do plan on workin' on PC blocks at the retreat that I'm goin' on in Sept. It's about time ain't it?

dungeonquilter 08-12-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 6226895)
Here are my F4 packs - Cool Waters and Copper Penny from Stonehenge.

I am thinking about removing the 3 darkest blues and using a black for the background. I will use just one background for the whole thing, I think. This is subject to change, depending what I find in the stash when I finally get to looking at it. I think there is a good length of black near the top. LOL