Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

dublb 08-25-2013 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm gonna have a ball wachin' ya'll along this "trail." Some evenin's I start thinkin' that I can join but a full day o' movin' like taday & I realize that it can't be done. LOL
Here is my new sewin' room as o' right now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432200[/ATTACH]

Anael 08-25-2013 12:12 PM

At least the chair is empty :D :D Set up your machine, grab some fabric and join us :)

Caroline S 08-25-2013 12:30 PM

Looks like you are going to have some wonderful space fow quilting Bev. Hey, you can always join us later when you are finished emptying boxes.

deranged_damsel 08-25-2013 01:08 PM

I can even see a shelf to stack the spike fabric! oh come on Bev! you know you want too!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-25-2013 02:20 PM

Just move that box with your SYE fabric closer to the chair and sewing machine and dive right in with us.

Bet you will not end up yelling "Whoa!" to your sewing machine like I did the other day. I forgot about the foot pedal, and was using the 'go' button that would not stop!! Laughing at my stupid error!:D

ckcowl 08-25-2013 02:31 PM

I have my (2) September blocks made, hanging on my design wall so I can look at them every day as I finish up my last commission quilt- (finished appliqueing the final borders today- just need to attach them, applique around the corners, then get it quilted & bound) I followed *loosely* with the colors on the patterns- with a light blue swirly pretty background where the yellow is on the originals- they turned out oh so pretty! this is going to be such a great project! for the blocks i'm using scraps- mostly batiks, but some others included too....excited for the day to show the first blocks- the GREAT thing about these 'sew alongs' are seeing everyones blocks- they always turn out so different and so spectacular!!! i'm excited. :)

dublb 08-25-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6255088)
I have my (2) September blocks made, hanging on my design wall so I can look at them every day as I finish up my last commission quilt- (finished appliqueing the final borders today- just need to attach them, applique around the corners, then get it quilted & bound) I followed *loosely* with the colors on the patterns- with a light blue swirly pretty background where the yellow is on the originals- they turned out oh so pretty! this is going to be such a great project! for the blocks i'm using scraps- mostly batiks, but some others included too....excited for the day to show the first blocks- the GREAT thing about these 'sew alongs' are seeing everyones blocks- they always turn out so different and so spectacular!!! i'm excited. :)

I agree! I'm lookin' forward ta seein' all the blocks ya'll do.
:)

dublb 08-25-2013 02:41 PM

Hey Ya'll I still have 60 or so PC blocks ta do & about 20 or more other UFO's. I'll just make PC blocks & look at your Spike blocks.

JeanieG 08-25-2013 02:50 PM

We will miss seeing YOUR blocks though, Dublb!!! :(

dublb 08-25-2013 03:13 PM

Ya'll are just too sweet. :) I feel wanted.:)

Ya'll keep tellin' me that my chair is empty, but that isn't my sewin' chair. It is t'ward the back near the sewin' machines & it has a box in it. LOL