Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

deranged_damsel 08-29-2013 03:31 PM

HI QuiltE :D

QuiltE 08-29-2013 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 6262830)
HI QuiltE :D

~~~~
waves back to the lovely DDamsel!! :D
~~~~
Now go to the other computer and show us some pics!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-29-2013 03:37 PM

As a general rule, quilters always enjoy seeing other people's quilts; beside, D-D, I wanted to make you smile again!
Thanks again to everyone for sharing your beautiful quilts, .... maybe...just maybe, there are more out there???

DogHouseMom 08-29-2013 05:05 PM

I think FrustratedQuilter needs to change her name to "accomplished quilter" or at the very least "prolific quilter". Those were some lovely quilts!!

carriem 08-29-2013 05:11 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I might have a couple quilts I haven't posted before...

The first two pictures are of my very first quilt.

3rd picture is a quilt I made for DH...it is on our bed right now. We decided a while back we like "his and hers" quilts instead of one big quilt...I think it is because we have 2 dogs that sleep with us and when they are on top of one quilt neither of us gets covered up much. :)

4th picture is a lap quilt I made for my mom when she was diagnosed with cancer a couple years back (in remission now).

5th is a quilt I made for my older sister...all three sisters got quilts, but I forgot to get pictures of the other two and like QNSs friends/family they can't seem to remember to take a picture and send it to me.

Last is a picture of the dogs that sleep in our bed...both over 80lbs. Sisters, Beatrice and Ginger.

frustratedquilter40 08-29-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6263035)
I think FrustratedQuilter needs to change her name to "accomplished quilter" or at the very least "prolific quilter". Those were some lovely quilts!!

I have been quilting for the last 15 years taught myself to begin with. But I can not FMQ I send them out to be quilted. I took a voluntary layoff after 23yrs at the same job about 2 1/2 years ago so some stay flimsy for a long time. I have close to 20 UFO' s. I probably make 4-6 quilts a year some are charity quilts for the guild I belong too.

But those UFO's arenot stopping me from joining in!!!!! I just need to decide what fabric to use :o

frustratedquilter40 08-29-2013 05:16 PM

Everyone has such beautiful quilts I love them all!!!!! I wish I had enough wall space and beds to display them all.

carriem beautiful quilts and great look dogs.

OMG doghousemom your dog is so cute with the mud ..... What fun to bath the fluffy white dog. We have 2 pure white cat fur balls they are definately indoor cats.

DogHouseMom 08-29-2013 05:20 PM

QNS ... I'll share a few more ...

And I realized I lied!! This one is still here. Although when I said I didn't have a quilt, I was more or less responding to the "whats on your bed" portion. This is hardly enough to cover my pillow ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433019[/ATTACH]

And a close up to show size ..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433020[/ATTACH]

DogHouseMom 08-29-2013 05:25 PM

And here is the first quilt I ever made. A baby quilt for my besties daughter. It was also my first FMQ ... I did some rather "juvenile" stars, circles and squares to mimic the shapes in the fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433021[/ATTACH]

and YES QuiltE ... I MITERED the striped corner squares!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-29-2013 05:43 PM

DHMom, for some reason your photos are not coming through...