Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-28-2013 09:57 AM

And that sounds great, kwiltkrazy...what other neat quilts have you made recently?

Anael 08-28-2013 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for answering my question QNS. Guess I will have to do some embroidery when I want to have some lovely flowers like yours!
Your del.mnt. quilt is gorgeous! I love all those colours :)

Oh, this one is on my bed. It was my first actual quilt, did QAYG.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432738[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 08-28-2013 10:31 AM

I like the colors in that one, Anael! Thanks for sharing.

Roma Bauder 08-28-2013 11:36 AM

I want to follow along on this BOM. I was having some trouble getting my pics to work ,but the problem is solve so will get to picking out my colors for this Spike....

JeanieG 08-28-2013 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is what is on my bed. It is a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter from a few years ago. It is called Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, and this is my cat Mister!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-28-2013 12:12 PM

Mister is a very handsome cat and looks like he knows it!:o Love the quilt, too.

frustratedquilter40 08-28-2013 01:58 PM

JeannieG love your RRCB quilt!!!! And mister is very handsome and seems to love that quilt. We have 2 pure white furr balls in our home. Right now there is no quilt just a thin cotton like bedspread husband says still to warm for a quilt. I have 2 king size a Double Irish Chain with seminole borders from Quilt in a Day, the other was a Round Robin Around the World that I just finished up this last spring.

DogHouseMom 08-28-2013 04:01 PM

I'm ashamed to say that I do not own a single quilt!! I have gifted every single quilt I've made. I have one across the street with a neighbor, one with my bestie 40 miles away, one at besties daughter over in Michigan, one to another friend in California, and 5 in England with family and friends.

I am however the proud owner of several UFO's and WIP's. When I finish one of these I'm slapping a label on it that say's "you'll have to pry this quilt from my cold dead hands".

QuiltingNinaSue 08-28-2013 04:15 PM

If you keep a photo record of your quilts, DHM, you might like to share a favorite one you have made...like I did with the delectable mountain quilts gifted to our children. I started photo records in Corpus, but some got away without a photo; I ask for some, but no one understood my English: I would like a picture of this quilt back, please! was not in their vocabulary or actions. So sad after I went to all that work and expense. Always seemed to appreciate the quilt, used it well, but never ever offered a photo back of it. BF Texas family did take wonderful photos of their quilt and sent them to me, they were the only exception for over 20 years of quilt making there.

oksewglad 08-28-2013 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6260991)
I'm ashamed to say that I do not own a single quilt!! I have gifted every single quilt I've made. I have one across the street with a neighbor, one with my bestie 40 miles away, one at besties daughter over in Michigan, one to another friend in California, and 5 in England with family and friends.

I am however the proud owner of several UFO's and WIP's. When I finish one of these I'm slapping a label on it that say's "you'll have to pry this quilt from my cold dead hands".

Although I do have quilts on my bed and throughout the house. I give a lot of mine away too. That's why taking pictures is so important! This one's on my bed but this isn't my bedroom LOL![ATTACH=CONFIG]432811[/ATTACH]