Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

Sandrea 08-06-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6218784)
Wow, I went back and made a list of everyone that has signed up - there were 28 that I counted! What a great crowd we will have. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Hi Jeanie ......I've never tried paper pieceing but everyone sounds excited so I guess I will give it a try and increase the count to "29", Sandrea

QuiltE 08-06-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sandrea (Post 6218968)
Hi Jeanie ......I've never tried paper pieceing but everyone sounds excited so I guess I will give it a try and increase the count to "29", Sandrea

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
We were all newbies at some time ... this will give you a laugh ... two years ago, I thought PPing was the most stupidest, idiotic and horrible thing. ............. Then I fell in love with it! :D

Do I hear #30??

dublb 08-06-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora (Post 6218411)
dublb,

It is great to see you have joined in on this fun as well. We can work on these together. Since paper piecing is on my list to work on this year, I am all over this -- love the blocks posted so far as well. Guess I gotta go shopping in-house and road tripping. DARN IT ...

(Waving!) Hey Aurora!!!! I'm so glad ta see ya! I just had ta follow my Pony Club as they go on another journey, but ya know I don't have time ta sew anything! I'll just follow this trip!

mirabelle 08-06-2013 03:46 PM

Thank you QuiltE, you always put a smile on my face, love the suggestions. I won't tell you what I suggested as they were all her nicknames from when she was little

ppquilter 08-06-2013 03:47 PM

I like to do small/wall/mini quilts so I have played with the size of these and reduced them so the outside of the hex is 6-inches. Now I can get 2 of each block on one page of foundation! Happy pp-ing! Vickie

deranged_damsel 08-06-2013 03:54 PM

DONT FORGET ME!!! if I can take a break from life I will go shopping for my background! now that the wedding is over I have to get kids to school next week and THEN I can THINK about sewing again :D :D :D

deranged_damsel 08-06-2013 03:56 PM

NinaSue which rainbow fabric do you have??? they ALL look FABulous to me :D

Mirabelle we are sooo excited to quilt with your DD, get her on here sooooon!

JeanieG 08-06-2013 04:27 PM

Welcome Sandrea - glad you will be joining us!

mirabelle 08-06-2013 04:45 PM

We can't have a party without you DDamsel:D, the old gang has to stick together and we add new members to the gang as we go along, cause this is the greatest group:thumbup:

QuiltE 08-06-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6219400)
We can't have a party without you DDamsel:D, the old gang has to stick together and we add new members to the gang as we go along, cause this is the greatest group:thumbup:

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!
So, did you give DD my suggestions? :D

More Welcomes to one and All!!! .... While some of us have been virtually quilting together for awhile, we love to have lots of new people join us, so please do not be shy!! Just jump right in with all the FUN. You'll soon get to know everyone and learn some interesting stories about everyone!

As for Me ... always looking for more Canucks to join us here!! :D