Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

JeanieG 08-09-2013 08:03 PM

QuiltE - I plan on using a white on white for my background, but I have not found what I want yet!

QuiltE 08-09-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6225555)
QuiltE - I plan on using a white on white for my background, but I have not found what I want yet!

JeanieG ... what about a Fusions Mist? Odd I'd suggest that, isn;t it? There;s some lovely almost whites, with other shades/colours mixed in. I really like the white with the bits of blue and pink in it.

MiraB ... oh sure! Try to redeem yourself. You're going to have to do a LOT more!!! *giggles*

JeanieG 08-09-2013 09:01 PM

You and I love those Fusions, QuiltE!!! ;)

Anael 08-09-2013 11:51 PM

Jillnjo, we're supposed to post our blocks on the 3rd and 17th of each month :) There will be a new thread every month otherwise we'll never be able to find the pictures again when we're using this thread for all the blocks too :D

Anael 08-09-2013 11:54 PM

Jeanie, wonderful fabrics ! ! ! !

Mirabelle, nice gesture ;) Now you can raid her stash again without feeling guilty :D :D

mirabelle 08-10-2013 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6225709)
Jeanie, wonderful fabrics ! ! ! !

Mirabelle, nice gesture ;) Now you can raid her stash again without feeling guilty :D :D

Exactly Anael:D:D:D

jillnjo 08-10-2013 07:38 AM

I have a fairly busy weekend and I doubt I can begin pulling fabrics to see what I want to use until the first of the week. I'd like to stick with things in my stash and I should be able to if I keep myself under control! And out of shops! I'm seeing some pretty choices already.

QuiltE- Does OKsoGlad know that fall is coming and things on the farm and in the garden slow down and she will need something to do for fear of becoming bored? And our blocks will amaze her and she will be depressed that she has none? Maybe she will see this and reconsider her decision!

Honchey 08-10-2013 07:56 AM

get the hook, get the hook!!!

Belfrybat 08-10-2013 08:13 AM

OK -- will someone smarter than me (which means everyone here), give me an idea of how many colours I will need? I'd like to keep some colour scheme, not do it completely scrappy. I got confused on the directions of the first one with backgrounds 1, 2, and 3. I thought to keep some harmony between the blocks, I'd use a constant background, but it looks like some squares (rectangles?) need more than one background? See, I'm already begging for help and we haven't even started yet!

Belfrybat 08-10-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6225239)
We want to see pics of the fabrics you have chosen! Here are the ones I am considering. I'll probably add to and take some away before we get started!

Very helpful picture -- thank you. Looks like around 14 colours. Will one of those be a background, or are you choosing something else.