Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-09-2013 04:39 PM

Fabrics first, then on Sept 3, you post your first one "April" at this site. We all admire, and post our own. Right, everyone?

Honchey 08-09-2013 05:04 PM

Oh My, All the pretty fabrics....I'm still very undecided...do I go pastels?? do I go jeweltone?? do I go batiks Light or dark??? ughhh!!! decisions, decisions,...honestly, I love scrappy and I have enough scraps to make a 100 tops...but I think I want to do something coordinated in a single fabric line...now to find it....

I'm totally so happy there are so many coming along for the ride!!! I do have to give credit to all the "girls" that have been on the previous rides...They are the ones that keep it all so lively and interesting...and somehow we all manage to get beautiful blocks sewn...so if you're still on the fence...don't hesitate...we'll catch you if you fall...Honchey

carriem 08-09-2013 05:09 PM

Jeanie--good variety of fabrics. :)

Honchey will post a new thread for Sept blocks (#1 and #2) by Sept 3rd. I am sure she will put the link here so no one gets lost. :) Then you will post your first two blocks on the other thread and post comments there on those blocks.

kwiltkrazy 08-09-2013 05:19 PM

Good luck Belfrybat, pp'ing piecing is worth the effort, once you get it down. I think I have you in my brain(ha ha ha).

Honchey 08-09-2013 05:30 PM

Yes, Carriem is right...when I post September's new thread that's where everything will happen...posting of photos, discussion etc...This thread is just the advertisment to recruit for the new journey and to discuss everything needed for the trip...
If any of you have any questions...don't be bashful...just ask...

Umm, Carriem, I don't know how to make a link...do you??? I tell DH all the time...I know alot...I don't know everything!!!

kwiltkrazy 08-09-2013 05:39 PM

got my colors together, but camera is dead because I went to our quilt show today.

dublb 08-09-2013 06:10 PM

This is gonna be a great ride. :) All o' ya'll's fabrics are lovely! I'm gonna enjoy seein' what ya'll come up with! :)

carriem 08-09-2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6225314)
Umm, Carriem, I don't know how to make a link...do you??? I tell DH all the time...I know alot...I don't know everything!!!

Honchey--once you start the thread, you can copy the link from the address bar and then paste it on this thread.

QuiltE 08-09-2013 07:49 PM

Not to worry, Honchey ... we'll "teach" you how to put the link into your posts!

JeanieG .... oooooh aaaah ... what a beautiful array. What are you going to use for your background? white? or?

JillNJo ... what are we going to do with OKSGlad

OkSGlad ... great news on the latest mini completion! Oh heck, just consider the Spikes as twelve Minis and join us.

KwiltKrazy ... bring that camera back to life ... we want to see what you are planning!

mirabelle 08-09-2013 07:59 PM

Wow beautiful fabrics and lots more Spikers to join us, this is going to be fun, and if you haven't already figured it out we love to chat, about anything and everything. So everyone just chime in anytime.

Just so everyone knows, I gave DD 2 yards of Black Fusions this morning to use in her quilt, and there is more if she needs it:D:D:D hmm "mum steals my stash"