Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

gardnergal970 11-07-2013 06:17 AM

Mine is done, just have to take a picture and post. Just checked and the next block has been posted for those that want to keep piecing.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-09-2013 01:25 PM

I did download all the patterns after four, available, and copied/printed all the patterns to date to paper piecing paper...will think about colors to use on five and six. Looking forward to GG beautiful work on her SYEs.

Two weeks are seeming like two years....my fingers are itching to sew a few seams...but I do not want to do to much before the doctor's say its OK to do.

nygal 11-09-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6391785)
Just checked and the next block has been posted for those that want to keep piecing.

I am all done with all they have posted on their website. I really am enjoying these "blocks". Will have to wait until Dec. for next one if they post one over there. I sure hope so!!:p

Quiltaddiction 11-10-2013 12:54 AM

I am here too. I have finished all my commitments to other swaps and things and am ready to concentrate on the pp. I am a learner at this and have had a few practice segments I think I'm getting the gist of it so I am going to start the blocks and by the time Xmas gets here hope to be caught up with everyone.

dublb 11-10-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 6396676)
I am here too. I have finished all my commitments to other swaps and things and am ready to concentrate on the pp. I am a learner at this and have had a few practice segments I think I'm getting the gist of it so I am going to start the blocks and by the time Xmas gets here hope to be caught up with everyone.

I'm lookin' forward ta seein' what ya come up with. Take your time though & we'll be here when ya git 'em done. :)

Roma Bauder 11-10-2013 06:51 PM

I am working on the next to last one. Got one spoke going. Just kind of lost intrest.

janRN 11-11-2013 05:18 AM

C'mon, Roma!! Your blocks are so nice, I look forward to seeing them. Let us cheer you on. I had to force myself to finish the Tiger Stripe one--didn't like it at all but now that it's done, I'm okay with it. I think we all go through the lack of interest phase at some point. Just know we're here for you!

deranged_damsel 11-11-2013 10:08 AM

Im having a hard time getting motivated as well, it just take SO LONG to make one block! I think its because Im used to doing FOUR painstakingly slow sections... and not SIX! oh well :D :D :D I just keep plodding along!!!

oksewglad 11-12-2013 10:31 AM

The slow process was one of the reasons why I dropped out so early. I still love the block I did, but I need to keep my BP low and PP'ing is not the way for me to do it!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-12-2013 11:49 AM

Practice makes perfect; slow going, but worth it when you finish.:o:thumbup: Is that not what we told our kids years ago, that is repeated by them today?? Patience is a virtue; I still want to get back in the saddle and sew!