Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

Honchey 08-21-2013 05:43 PM

QNS, Very pretty& very sophisticated color palette..I just read the email you sent about the pencils...They are simply amazing...I cannot fathom how he does that!!!

oksewglad 08-21-2013 06:26 PM

Everyone's coming up with such lovely colors. We are going to have a great show n tell.

Thanks mirabelle for taking the time to give us measurements. It will save us all a lot of time

oksewglad 08-21-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6248100)
QNS, Very pretty& very sophisticated color palette..I just read the email you sent about the pencils...They are simply amazing...I cannot fathom how he does that!!!

Looking at it now--it's amazing!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-22-2013 05:08 AM

Mirabelle, thanks for the pattern and measurements. I wanna do one and two but the Irish Mist is almost ready to assemble...I am trying to tell myself to 'wait', but not sure 'self' is listening. Oh, how I wish I could set a couple of sewing machines in the virtual RV for you to pick up and use for two weeks. Maybe dd has an extra machine? Or the dealer would 'loan' you a sewing machine??? Hoping you will work something out and lose the frowns 'cause they age you worst than a smile that you always have for us...LOL!! Your pattern shows you are from 'down under' and distressed and wish I could help you more.

deranged_damsel 08-22-2013 05:20 AM

THANKS Mirabelle, some of us need all the help we can get!

nygal 08-22-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 6248676)
THANKS Mirabelle, some of us need all the help we can get!

Yes, thank you so much Mirabelle!!

SewExtremeSeams 08-22-2013 07:05 AM

Gorgeous choices of fabrics.

nygal 08-22-2013 08:38 AM

My two young Grandchildren just left to go out with their other grandmother so that means I have the rest of the afternoon to MYSELF. I just finished one section on the first block to see how it would go and it looks great!! Now I will do the next five sections in assembly order and it will move along even smoother.

meanmom 08-22-2013 10:35 AM

Hi all. I am one of the lurkers who is still thinking about if i have the time to do this. I really love it and love paper piecing. I did do the 50 paper pieced stars project and finished it. Life has been a little bit crazy around my house lately. I think things are calming down now. I am hoping to squeeze these in. I am thinking of using white background and doing the rest scrappy. I did the 50 stars with matching backgrounds and the rest scrappy. Hope I can fit this in my schedule. I look forward to seeing everyones beautiful blocks on here even if I don't get to do them. I am a chunker when I paper piece.
Pat

mirabelle 08-22-2013 01:43 PM

QNS I can still straight sew on my Singer just no quilting at the moment. Today I plan on checking my cutting measurements for Block 3 and getting a few things organised for retreat which is only 2 weeks away.