Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-21-2013 05:15 AM

Mirabelle, you are singing my song....I think I can, I think I can...

my knee does not hurt, I can go... My left eye is blind, and right one has cataracts, but I can see things close to me, but I think I can, I think I can... not return to my youth and run and jump...but I think I can slowly move forward as long as I am not slipping backward!!:o

QS yesterday helped me a lot and matched up six blues for the SYE blocks...with a creme white background; I love blue. Opposite side of color wheel contrast for three of the twelve....for place mats.:thumbup:

SewExtremeSeams 08-21-2013 07:17 AM

QuiltE, I like your idea of highlighting the outer line for an alert.

I will be using colored pencils to color code my sections. I have also used word codes if I am using similar colors but different prints. Like: bl/wh big dots; bl/wh stripes. It takes a little longer but keeps me from getting turned around.

Mirabs, don't feel alone. I will help you keep up the back of the line. We just returned from my Aunt's memorial and I have an Uncle and a dear friend in the hospital so I haven't been able to start yet either, let alone pick out my fabrics. We will get 'er done though!!!!

deranged_damsel 08-21-2013 02:05 PM

I must say I feel very intimidated by this project, and doubting that I can make anything presentable.... Then today guess what I got in the mail? my background fabric from fabric.com :D :D :D I am feeling much more confidant now!

what yall think on my fabric? I can get more solids if that is what I should do. the four at the top are yardage and the rest are FQ.

deranged_damsel 08-21-2013 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it would help to attach a picture ehh? LOL

QuiltingNinaSue 08-21-2013 02:27 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Love the red, green, beige play there...and the green and blue. and the darks that add contrast...should have a wonderful piece made from those lively colors. It will brings smiles out in all kinds of weather!!:o

jillnjo 08-21-2013 02:30 PM

DD-what gorgeous fabrics!! Will make beautiful blocks.

carriem 08-21-2013 03:51 PM

D_D--those fabrics will make some pretty blocks...can't wait to see. :)

Honchey 08-21-2013 04:04 PM

DD, Your fabrics are great and oh so colorful!!!! I still have to add more to the ones I had chosen....I might even change and go Christmas...

QuiltingNinaSue 08-21-2013 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The (6) blue fabrics that the QS graciously helped me match up yesterday:[ATTACH=CONFIG]431600[/ATTACH] because if they turn out right, they will go to dd; and for contrast in a setting of 12 will be at least three from the opposite side of the color wheel: [ATTACH=CONFIG]431603[/ATTACH]Colors are a dark red, yellow, gold and brown with a light tone for a white background.

kwiltkrazy 08-21-2013 05:30 PM

QNS-WOW, those colors are beautiful. can't wait to see a finished block.