Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

paintmejudy 01-04-2013 07:00 PM

Quossum, great blocks and love the novelties. So glad you found us.

Aw, sewnso, I do too get up early! Usually by 6:30 or 7 in winter when it is still dark, always by 6 or earlier in summer when the birds do their wake-up jabber as the sky begins to lighten. I just give myself an 8 a.m. post time in case I see a last minute correction, like I forgot to resize a photo. And once on my first mystery in February, I had no internet connection! Now, that I call a disaster.

girlscout, great idea, great selection of xmas novelties. And glad you are no longer lurking in the dark corners of the club car. I heard some whispering last ride that the conductor were going to call the quilt police on you, they thought maybe you were a stash stealer, but we assured them you were harmless.

So, tomorrow all the anxiety of A and B will be revealed and you can happily go off and start cutting and sewing. Can't wait to see what you come up with. See you by 8:00 a.m. MST at the very latest.

girlscouts1 01-04-2013 07:21 PM

Well, I may be a stash stealer, if I find Mary's 1930's stash...... I too am envious... what a find!

sewsewquilter 01-04-2013 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This lurker is also coming out of the dark corner of the club car. :) Been watching you guys having so much fun with the other mystery trains that I thought is was time to jump on this scrappy train. I love a scrappy! Hope there is a room for this batik scrappy. I have 16 - 4 1/2" blocks left over from a quilt I made a few years ago that I have been holding on to for the right quilt for them. This one is it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385894[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 01-04-2013 07:27 PM

Judy, I need you guidance!! :D My blocks were already cut to 4", should I cut the 4 1/2" X 2 1/2" pieces to 4" X 2 1/2 inches to go with my four inch blocks? Thaks for letting me know. I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow's next clue!!
:D :D :D :D

frustratedquilter40 01-04-2013 07:28 PM

I still need to figure out what I am going to use for A and B has to be from stash so may be interesting not sure what I will find. But I have plenty of fabric just do not know if it will play nicely with the others :)

Sewsewquilter love the batiks I am jealous now

frustratedquilter40 01-04-2013 07:29 PM

Once Mary gets her new fabric stash and sees the authentic 30's fabric she will fall in love with it and probably guard it with her life :)

retiredteacher09 01-04-2013 08:27 PM

My squares are done. After tomorrow's clue I will choose my big pieces of fabric!

I'm watching the moonlight glistening on the snow as the train travels through Minnesota.

sewplease 01-04-2013 08:36 PM

This was such a relaxing day sewing big 9-patches and watching the scenery go by. I do think, however, that my scraps are somewhat drab compared to the pictures posted here. I'm hoping when it's all done, that they will look beautiful in that ugly way if you know what I mean. :-)

Diet coke anyone? Nice chilly night to stay up and sew.

marytoddliz 01-04-2013 09:02 PM

Wow, I just never knew I had so many best friends! We are not leaving until about 10 am, soooo I might have time to do the next clue, or at the very least know what to pick for my A & B fabric.

mora quilter 01-04-2013 09:12 PM

This will by my 1st mystery train ride. I followed along last time, but did not complete. Can't wait. I had just found this today. Have to get really busy it get caught up.