Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

AnngelAnne 01-04-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5761697)
AnngelAnne, My thoughts are with you. It's a hard time. Take care.

Thanks, whitepine.

cannyquilter 01-04-2013 10:39 AM

AnngelAnne so sorry to hear about your father, prayers to you and your family.

Have made my nine patches and cut out the rectangles, just waiting for tomorrow.

paulswalia 01-04-2013 10:47 AM

The train just made it here to Northern Vermont..........if there wasn't so much darned snow I could leap aboard! First I will go check the stash of 4.5 squares and If I have enough, I will board. Just what I needed, another project! LOL

chefbwarner 01-04-2013 10:48 AM

That is a Dutch Baby pancake type breakfast treat. Just whip so much air into the milk and eggs that they fluff in a super hot castiron skillet. That was before the toppings: lemon or fresh strawberries. OH can't forget the "low" calorie whipped cream on top of it all LOL We do not have those all the time but they are goooooood. Sort of like a poofy crepe.

paintmejudy 01-04-2013 10:54 AM

Thaks, Jaba, I just ordered the sharpener on your recommendation. Hope it works for me as well as it does for you.

QuilterMomma 01-04-2013 10:59 AM

Sure I sewed up all my 4.5" squares, but I have lots of fabric to use so will get busy and catch up for this ride. I do have some blocks, a dq, and table runner to finish up, but this could be fun to go to after the hussle on those and since there is not time limit, I will get busy on the fun cutting. yes, I love to cut fabric. I even have new blades in my rotary cutters to get going on.

SulaBug 01-04-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5761692)
Made it!! before clue #2. Sulabug, I love your florals.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385783[/ATTACH]

Whitepine............your blocks turned out really pretty too!! :D I sure wish that I had a few of your floral fabric's in mine. Thank You for the compliment. I am so excited to get the next clue!!
:D :D :D :D

urgodschild2 01-04-2013 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gee I didn't think I would have time to do this. But here they are all done. I put them in the bag and just grabbed and sewed. THey came out very interesting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385808[/ATTACH]

paulswalia 01-04-2013 01:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
don't hate me 'cuz I'm not scrappy. I decided to board the train at 1:47 today. Went into my sewing room to pick out some 4.5 squares from the stash and there, sitting in broad daylight, on my sewing table, was a collection of 4.5 squares I had cut from leftovers of the quilt I am currently working on. What's a girl to do? Put these away and look for 108 OTHER squares? Oh, I don't think so....... So this is my palette, and I'm going with it. Now, to cut those 2.4 x 4.5 rectangles.

cat-on-a-mac 01-04-2013 03:26 PM

Truesharp Sharpener: After seeing the discussion here yesterday, I found it on the Walmart web site for 38.90 (plus shipping/tax)